Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As an aside I seriously doubt Brayden Goff was 15 or under. If 15 or under was the number of kids he had at the time, sure

Hearin ya, I just googled "young" Brayden......

1595735552164.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I’m gunna put my flag in the ground and say he’ll be in the leadership group within 2 years.

Kyron was a state captain as a kid.

He'll be alright, just needs to tighten up the sloppy stuff in defence.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like him, but until changes his ways defensively as too tough he can't be considered a leader at North.

Downhill skiing he needs to work on.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s exactly how I like to see a young footballer go about it. Head over the ball, take the game on and have a crack.
If this kid doesn’t make it I’d be amazed. We’ve had enough vanilla players over the last 20 years. Give me the bloke who wants to win and be creative, not the bloke looking to win scissors paper *ing rock.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
May have already been mentioned but just as a little aside, that ripping run down tackle on the wing (caused an OOF), shown in this interview, wasn't even noticed on the broadcast, not to mention the commentators didn't even realize it was Kyron. 5 Minutes earlier they had shown footage of him on the bench getting treatment, and 5 minutes after the tackle they saw him in play and said he 'had just come back on'.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
May have already been mentioned but just as a little aside, that ripping run down tackle on the wing (caused an OOF), shown in this interview, wasn't even noticed on the broadcast, not to mention the commentators didn't even realize it was Kyron. 5 Minutes earlier they had shown footage of him on the bench getting treatment, and 5 minutes after the tackle they saw him in play and said he 'had just come back on'.
Mate even I was blown away that was Kyron......felt like I’d literally seconds prior seen him getting taped on the bench. He’s a ripper.

If the media had a quarter of a clue, the fact that a kid in his (insert game numberth here) game is playing on the best small forwards in the league every week, would be worth a yarn.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s exactly how I like to see a young footballer go about it. Head over the ball, take the game on and have a crack.
If this kid doesn’t make it I’d be amazed. We’ve had enough vanilla players over the last 20 years. Give me the bloke who wants to win and be creative, not the bloke looking to win scissors paper f*n rock.
Never forget. Never forgive.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Never forget. Never forgive.
Ha! I don’t really care. I just reckon KH is being judged by a few ridiculously hard for having a fair crack at being a creative good player......he could stop, prop, kick it 15 metres backwards and pass the problem onto someone else.....that‘s stood us in great stead of late. Fk that!
Good players want the ball and want the moment. He ain’t dying wondering about his career this bloke.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ha! I don’t really care. I just reckon KH is being judged by a few ridiculously hard for having a fair crack at being a creative good player......he could stop, prop, kick it 15 metres backwards and pass the problem onto someone else.....that‘s stood us in great stead of late. Fk that!
Good players want the ball and want the moment. He ain’t dying wondering about his career this bloke.
I can't help but think about Sam Wright and Jamie Macmillan talking about padding each other's stats on the podcast they used to do. They were joking but it felt like they might have accidentally let their guard down.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can't help but think about Sam Wright and Jamie Macmillan talking about padding each other's stats on the podcast they used to do. They were joking but it felt like they might have accidentally let their guard down.

Shaun Higgins says hi.

Back