Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Put Perez into backline and give this guy a run on the wing.
It can’t hurt
We should be trying players in different positions instead of supergluing them in one spot.

I know we are short of proper wingmen but Hayden on a wing sounds horrendous.

Wing is about stamina not speed and hopefully he has more time and space to dispose of ball

It's not a question about stamina or speed, his biggest strengths are physicality and being a powerful explosive athlete.

If he's not in defence, he's suited to an inside mid role which unfortunately at AFL level he is well down the pecking order for those roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a question about stamina or speed, his biggest strengths are physicality and being a powerful explosive athlete.

If he's not in defence, he's suited to an inside mid role which unfortunately at AFL level he is well down the pecking order for those roles.
Because our mids are dominating at the minute? Can’t believe he hasn’t been thrown in the middle as a big body.

Because our mids are dominating at the minute? Can’t believe he hasn’t been thrown in the middle as a big body.

100% correct yet Xerri gets gifted number 1 ruckman to "prove" himself (failed miserably) and Hayden gets exposed as he quite obviously is not a back pocket.

It's a complete mystery how our players have been selected and why this year,

Put Perez into backline and give this guy a run on the wing.
It can’t hurt
We should be trying players in different positions instead of supergluing them in one spot.
They should be trialing Hayden as a tagger........His first game was as that against Pendelbury and he did a great job before injuring himself..

They should be trialing Hayden as a tagger........His first game was as that against Pendelbury and he did a great job before injuring himself..

I swear if anyone from North is reading this thread - it’s been said multiple times, if he is to play, he needs a go in the middle as a tagger

I do think he has potential as a tagger but it's a role that would demand at least 50% time on ball - typically 70-80%. In order for this to work it would mean decreasing mid time for our other mids; can't see jy or LDU getting less mid time, nor greenwood if he keeps getting named, which would ultimately mean jed, JHF and TT spend less time in the middle, and good luck finding minutes for powell. Also, we've also got such significant issues across the whole ground that negating a single midfielder will do little to stem the bleeding on the scoreboard. While I think it's probably his best role at this point I would rather find a way to get mid time into LDU, JHF, powell, TT (even though he's underdone/out of sorts).

Apart from structure.
And developing a player (or multiple) who can do the job.

Frankly we probably should be having one player each week tagging the most influential wingman, mid, or back flanker. Hill the other week is a great example, doubly so when we had Scott, who made him disappear the year before, playing in the team.

I actually don't hate the idea of him locking down opposing HB flankers; locking down your jayden short, jack sinclair types. GWS did this with de boer on daniel rich recently and completely negated his influence on the game in a solid win.

Jed did it in the Melb game and our structure benefited dramatically

We have nothing to lose. Untapped development opportunity here.
yeah, dramatically. 34 to 74 inside 50's. We didn't benefit from it one bit. It's one thing to have a defensive mid at stoppages, it's a completely different thing to play a tagger. We need to find out which players can be influential in the midfield, and there is absolutely no point wasting a midfield spot on a tagger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back