Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the decision making aspect that needs to improve, and I think it will as he gets more experiences. People have brought it up already, but it's so easy to forget just how little footy he's played since he was even 16. To be an AFL player even on the fringes of the best 22 in itself at 21 is a massive achievement for someone coming from as far back as he is. I think he does a lot of things so well that you wouldn't expect from someone as inexperienced as Kyron. Tidy up with ball in hand and he's a serious player.

Also, we all know this already but worth repeating: one of the most impressive physical specimens I've ever seen at the club. He's a physical and athletic freak.

Kyron has had what, three coaches for nine games over a few years at the club.

Reckon I'd be a bit woozy on exactly which gameplan I'm executing at any given time.

Yes, he’s not a good kick. I watch the games, I don’t need to factor in his handball efficiency to know he’s not a good kick.

He’s played 9 games, I expect it will improve, but at the moment he’s being played on potential and the position the side and list is in, he was largely a liability with the ball last year and I’d probably argue he wouldn’t have debuted yet if we were stronger on field.

Im biased? Give it a rest. I’m not proclaiming him a bust, he just needs to improve. (Like a whole host of other players.

As for how did he get a game and is on an AFL list? I guess that’s probably why he’s on a 1 year deal...
Refer to my comment on perspective🤦

Please point where I said he was perfect? Please point out where I said he was a star, amazing or anything else other than he "CAN BECOME A GOOD PLAYER"?

You appear to be hypersensitive about any criticisms of Kyron to the point where I wonder if you're a relative.

He's got work to do.

You appear to be hypersensitive about any criticisms of Kyron to the point where I wonder if you're a relative.

He's got work to do.
Read into it what you like, shitcanny our kids is a joke on this site and seems to be a pastime for the numpties.

Your defence of Turner and co could be put in the same league.
He has work to do he's a 9 gamer, stating the obvious there

Read into it what you like, shitcanny our kids is a joke on this site and seems to be a pastime for the numpties.

Brilliant Scottish word.

You appear to be highly selective about who you get emotional about.

This comment highlights your football ignorance.

He's got work to do, as in it's possible he could get delisted...........again. I suspect you'll require benzos if that occurs.

You appear to be highly selective about who you get emotional about.

This comment highlights your football ignorance.

He's got work to do, as in it's possible he could get delisted again.

It's your assumption I get "emotional" as you put it, don't flatter yourself

Why because Turner is your boy and you will go to lengths of dribbling s**t to defend him

Yes that's a possibility, along with he may choose to leave, he may go on to be an asset, but in the meantime he puts in the work, so your point is?

I'm stable enough I don't need that crap to get through the day, but clearly it's something that may have a positive effect on you.

It's your assumption I get "emotional" as you put it, don't flatter yourself

How could you possibly construe this as flattering to me? Do you see yourself as some worthy adversary in some in-depth debate?

Why because Turner is your boy and you will go to lengths of dribbling sh*t to defend him

One is the deputy vice captain, and the other was lucky to get a contract.

Yes that's a possibility, along with he may choose to leave........

He already tried that and was left posted at the altar by his suitor...........but you probably know that already.

...he may go on to be an asset........

I certainly don't preclude this and would hope that this is the case.

.....but in the meantime he puts in the work, so your point is?

He's not there yet, and time is not on his side.

I'm stable enough I don't need that crap to get through the day, but clearly it's something that may have a positive effect on you.

Actually, you strike me as anything but stable when it comes to this particular player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could you possibly construe this as flattering to me? Do you see yourself as some worthy adversary in some in-depth debate?

Your the one thinking you're all it. You read into a valid response to your reply as emotional, do you see yourself as qualified to make that judgement.

One is the deputy vice captain, and the other was lucky to get a contract.

One is a seasoned senior player and one is a junior 9 gamer.
Let me help you out with the contract stuff, he was offered a contract at the end of last year, he chose to make a decision later.

He already tried that and was left posted at the altar by his suitor.

He was asked to attend an interview, there was and still is interest, he chose North once the drama had settled down

I certainly don't preclude this and would hope that this is the case.

But in the meantime he's your whipping boy?

He's not there yet, and time is not on his side.

And as I have stated numerous times, he has work to do.

Actually, you strike me as anything but stable when it comes to this particular player.

My opinion is. Actually, you strike me as anything but stable

Reckon I'd be a bit woozy on exactly which gameplan I'm executing at any given time.
Oh, yeah, I get that. I think it's one area of his game that needs work, but overall I think he's a really solid prospect.

Just to clarify, I would have personally given him 2 years, but he'd want to have cemented a spot in the best 22 by the middle of next season.
Remember, the media gets what they sign for, not what their offered, so who's to say.

It's a very fine line between a long AFL career or spending your time playing football at a lower level. You have got to take your chances.

A-men.

Just to clarify, I would have personally given him 2 years, but he'd want to have cemented a spot in the best 22 by the middle of next season.

To further clarify, I expect him to make 22 if he has a good run with injury, because if he is fit and gets overtaken then we will have a very strong side on the park.

If he has a significantly injury interrupted 2021 or 2022, or Kyron is fit but cannot establish himself in the seniors by the end of 2022, then I reckon the club would have to pull the pin and move on.

Likewise, if he has a very solid 2021 and gets seduced by a significant contract to go back west, then I wouldn't begrudge him doing so.

I wish him the best of luck.

We've had 10 different gameplans in 10 years. Scott could never seem to decide what he wanted to do.

No wonder the players including seniors have no idea what to do at the moment. Need consistency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back