Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

He also had horrific turnovers as he isn't a defender.

I'm over turning natural attacking players into defenders when not suited.

Midfield is his go to do exactly what you said.

Yeah I don't really know what you're saying here: defenders never make turnovers? Attacking players can't be defenders?
Because he is naturally attacking he will inevitably be a turnover merchant his whole career?

He had some "dogs balls" turnovers precisely because he is an attacking player and was trying to make something happen. Far too early to judge him and his ideal position based on a couple of turnovers, or to say we're turning him into a dour back pocket. There's just no way we can know what he is best suited for yet, but it's extremely reactive to suggest that because he stuffed up a couple of kicks in the backline that he is a midfielder. I'd suggest that cleaning out of all our mature half backs and recruiting exclusively midfielders in the draft is stronger evidence about where Kyron might fit than some vague idea that we're (do you mean Shaw or Noble btw?) stifling his instincts.

Yeah I don't really know what you're saying here: defenders never make turnovers? Attacking players can't be defenders?
Because he is naturally attacking he will inevitably be a turnover merchant his whole career?

He had some "dogs balls" turnovers precisely because he is an attacking player and was trying to make something happen. Far too early to judge him and his ideal position based on a couple of turnovers, or to say we're turning him into a dour back pocket. There's just no way we can know what he is best suited for yet, but it's extremely reactive to suggest that because he stuffed up a couple of kicks in the backline that he is a midfielder. I'd suggest that cleaning out of all our mature half backs and recruiting exclusively midfielders in the draft is stronger evidence about where Kyron might fit than some vague idea that we're (do you mean Shaw or Noble btw?) stifling his instincts.

The thing is as well, not every kid gets to play in their favourite or ideal position in the AFL. We could sit Haydon in the VFL and he could wait for a chance in the midfield behind Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, Anderson and now Phillips and Powell or he can own a spot in defence.

I'm not judging him negatively based on the turnovers, I'm judging him on how he plays.

I don't like our system of drafting players to "develop" in the backline to transition to midfield. I don't think it's as effective as AFL or VFL straight midfield time.

If Hayden kills it in defense this season then great, but I'm over the theory. Bonar another example, looked in midfield time and lost down back where most of his time was forced upon him.

Not just Hayden, but the crap that's dribbled on here about a lot of our young developing players just shows the amount of uneducated numpties there are out there.

May I ask who's that directed at, as I certainly hope not me I've firmly supported Hayden and co (Not our coaching though) from day 1.

I understood your gripe is more with the process of development than with the players,

Well who are the "numpties" then? From my perspective nearly every poster is massively on board the TT, Hayden, LDU, Phillips train etc.

It's exciting!

Given half our list have worse bodies than Gumby, I'd grant Hayden a place on the list purely for standard setting around getting the best out of his body. He's also very talented and hard as nails.

Which is why I want him in midfield.

Dumont for example is an extremely ordinary mature player. Runs hard sure but is slow and does very little damage.

I see no reason why a Thomas, Hayden, Bonar or whoever can't overtake so called senior players, it's not just against their own age group for spots.

Well who are the "numpties" then? From my perspective nearly every poster is massively on board the TT, Hayden, LDU, Phillips train etc.

It's exciting!
Chop there are a couple of guys on here that can't see past a turnover, can't grasp these are young guys who take time to build a tank, hone skills and have different approaches towards training diet and fitness all part of the learning curve of playing elite sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is why I want him in midfield.

Dumont for example is an extremely ordinary mature player. Runs hard sure but is slow and does very little damage.

I see no reason why a Thomas, Hayden, Bonar or whoever can't overtake so called senior players, it's not just against their own age group for spots.
Extremely ordinary well i dont know how he suvived the cull at the end of the year.

I'm not the biggest Froggy fan but he finished fifth in the BnF. I think he's safe, even if I'd rather someone else take his place.

LMac won it.

He is a handy not great footballer.

I'd forget the results but Dumont should be pushed out if we are seriously improving.

Dumont will be overtaken by better players.

Treloar is a much better footballer than Dumont.

Bookmark this post by all means if I'm wrong.
Nah not into telling posters i told you so just a good healthy debate will do no hard feelings at the end of the day most of us only wants what is best for the NMFC.

Nah not into telling posters i told you so just a good healthy debate will do no hard feelings at the end of the day most of us only wants what is best for the NMFC.

Of course. I'm far too passionate for my own health!

Which part you disagree with? Dumont or LMac? Or both?

Of course. I'm far too passionate for my own health!

Which part you disagree with? Dumont or LMac? Or both?
Dumont is better than he gets credit for and like Turner does the work off the ball that allows players like Higgo (tho he is gone now) to not be as defensive.

Dunno what will happen as our midfield gets more effective defensively tho. But he trains hard and runs to the right spots so the coaches wil value him for that alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back