Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still not sold. Almost sold, but not quite there yet. His instincts seem a touch off the pace, whereas someone like Mahoney is on point. That said, more senior footy will iron that out. Although we said that about Atley too...

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Still not sold. Almost sold, but not quite there yet. His instincts seem a touch off the pace, whereas someone like Mahoney is on point. That said, more senior footy will iron that out. Although we said that about Atley too...
He's not as natural a footballer as Mahony.

He's getting a bit better each week. It's only game 4 and he's got a bit of a way to go, but I think he'll be a keeper.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
[/QUOTE]

He’s a good defender. Once his confidence builds he’ll more decisive when he has the ball. At the moment he looks like he doesn’t want to make a mistake when he gets it. The skills are there, he’s hard at it too. IMO he’s improving every game.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s a good defender. Once his confidence builds he’ll more decisive when he has the ball. At the moment he looks like he doesn’t want to make a mistake when he gets it. The skills are there, he’s hard at it too. IMO he’s improving every game.
Yeah, was better this week, that's for sure.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of his kicking off half back yesterday was on point. He was one who actually backed himself to kick the thing 50m to a player rather than going to the safety of long down the line.

The composure is what really makes me think we need to pump as many games into him as possible.

Once he gets his confidence up and we see his ball carrying/speed on the outside he’ll take his game to another level.

Remember he has only had 5 months of training as a defender.

All the raw signs are there!

A backline with him and EVW back there would make us so much more composed!

Considering his inexperience - he’s doing very well.

Rarely beaten one on one. Tackles hard. Seems to have good closing speed, holds his feet so can make those 2nd efforts to tackle after an initial contest which is important against strong half forwards.

Vertical leap to spoil, even to halve contests against bigger opponents.

Composure in traffic to find space and use well, turns defense into attack - more so with confidence from more games.

Can see transitioning to a defensive midfielder once EVW comes back.

Becoming one of my faves.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A shining light in this season so far.

Could certainly go into the mids if required but at this stage we need him down back - he is in the minority down there re knowing how to use the ball once he gets it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a good defender. Once his confidence builds he’ll more decisive when he has the ball. At the moment he looks like he doesn’t want to make a mistake when he gets it. The skills are there, he’s hard at it too. IMO he’s improving every game.[/QUOTE]

Definitely stepped up yesterday. Proving he is getting accustomed to the pace of the game. I’m very bullish about Kyron.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You should be sold.

This guy is significantly better than Atley, who you mentioned, in terms of composure and decision making.

I disagree about his instincts, especially this week. He took his time to use the ball cos he was able to create it for himself. That's instinctive too, knowing you have the time and space to assess the situation. There were times he was quick and instinctive but the were hard to notice cos he was quick.

He could play Cunners role if he can handball well I reckon. Mahoney has a bit of that too.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not a stats person, but was impressed when a mate sent me Walker and Hayden's stats from Sundays game. Not a lot in it and I was impressed with both of them.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The naivety of youth , where you fear nothing.
Skills are good but he’s finding the ball and getting involved.
He’s a battering Ram but has finesse with ball in hand.

North Melbourne development system "hold my beer"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back