Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

It’s just not fair to look that good. He looks like he could monster tall buildings with his bare hands!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the downside, looking at Kyron, I’m reminded of a Swedish weightlifter I saw years ago attempting the Snatch, when his quad muscle just exploded! Most horrible thing I’ve ever viewed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's pretty damn difficult to look that big and lean while doing all the cardio that AFL athletes do. Some blokes just have a natural gift, and it's clear he's putting in the work to realise his.

Could legitimately have a career in natural bodybuilding after his AFL career winds up.

110221_hayden.jpg

Kyron Hayden

Brilliant forward Eddie Betts was among Hayden's scalps in 2020, before he succumbed to knee soreness late in the year.

Tough as they come, Hayden could be set for more tagging/stopping roles in 2021.

“He was really settling into a medium-to-small back [role] to play on all the really dangerous, zippy small forwards. He was looking really good,” Brown said.

“He’s a very athletic guy, super powerful and … will set the world alight, really. He’s been outstanding at training, he’s super fit, super ripped, kicking the ball really well.

“He’s a beauty, he will no doubt go really well.”

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

110221_hayden.jpg

Kyron Hayden

Brilliant forward Eddie Betts was among Hayden's scalps in 2020, before he succumbed to knee soreness late in the year.

Tough as they come, Hayden could be set for more tagging/stopping roles in 2021.

“He was really settling into a medium-to-small back [role] to play on all the really dangerous, zippy small forwards. He was looking really good,” Brown said.

“He’s a very athletic guy, super powerful and … will set the world alight, really. He’s been outstanding at training, he’s super fit, super ripped, kicking the ball really well.

He’s a ripper. The only thing that’s held him back is injuries stemming back into his junior years. Kid just needs continuity

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits

110221_hayden.jpg

Kyron Hayden

Damn Browny I'm trying to cull some roos out of my fantasy lineup, they're all underpriced, makes it near impossible.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People not having KH in their best 22's are way off the mark - he will play the small defender role.

Can even push into the midfield if needed.

I rate him really highly. Big wraps on his physical attributes before coming to North.

If he plays a good year in 2021 we should be looking to sign him for a bit longer

Can even push into the midfield if needed.

I rate him really highly. Big wraps on his physical attributes before coming to North.

If he plays a good year in 2021 we should be looking to sign him for a bit longer

If he can earn a spot this year and take that step I’m 100% with you - he deserves a multi year contract so he can just focus on footy and feel like he belongs

Last edited:
Should be the first option to take the small forwards, with a licence to get creative going the other way.

He moves nicely in traffic coming out of defence.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

110221_hayden.jpg

Kyron Hayden

I hope it's midfield tagging.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope it's midfield tagging.

That’s been our weakness for years

Watching the oppositions best midfielders absolutely tear us to pieces (40+ possessions) absolutely s**t me to tears.

Needs to be addressed since Jacobs left. A midfielder that can tag and go both ways (attack and shutdown)

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He looks ripping. Can see him locking down again in defense and swinging up to the midfield like a few others.
He had some good game time last year so has built on his tank, maybe me, but I reckon he looks in even better shape this year.
Hope for an injury free year this year for the guy, mind you the way he puts his body out there he'll need a mountain of luck with that.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Waiting to cross the road at lunch time standing next to Cam Rayner. He's one lump of a lad. Reckon would really be an interesting physical match up playing Kyron on him, wherever he goes, fwd or through the middle. I'd really like to see that.......Nobes would know.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Waiting to cross the road at lunch time standing next to Cam Rayner. He's one lump of a lad. Reckon would really be an interesting physical match up playing Kyron on him, wherever he goes, fwd or through the middle. I'd really like to see that.......Nobes would know.
I'd play Corr on Rayner. Hayden on Cameron.

No post update from Thursday, really?

Ronnie was very good on Thursday. Played the Anderson role superbly considering the opposition he was against, how bad we were getting flogged in the middle and that he’s barely played mid at afl level.

His defensive clearance efforts were very good, got at least 5-6 clearances himself and offered a bit on transition. A first big tick for Noble’s flexibility experiment.

No post update from Thursday, really?

Ronnie was very good on Thursday. Played the Anderson role superbly considering the opposition he was against, how bad we were getting flogged in the middle and that he’s barely played mid at afl level.

His defensive clearance efforts were very good, got at least 5-6 clearances himself and offered a bit on transition. A first big tick for Noble’s flexibility experiment.
20 disposals, 7 clearances were his numbers.

'The coaches were very happy with his game.'

Back