Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this bloke more than others around here as a medium defender.

He's athletic and pretty dogged but he also is happy to peel off his man and will go back with the flight too.

Some question marks around disposal but technically he seem alright.

I think his weakness is he's not a natural defender and his decision making sometimes when defending and with the ball is a bit off. It may all improve with a bit more time.

Maybe not a long term solution but he was never a delist for me.

I like this bloke more than others around here as a medium defender.

He's athletic and pretty dogged but he also is happy to peel off his man and will go back with the flight too.

Some question marks around disposal but technically he seem alright.

I think his weakness is he's not a natural defender and his decision making sometimes when defending and with the ball is a bit off. It may all improve with a bit more time.

Maybe not a long term solution but he was never a delist for me.

Imo his main weakness is his body letting him down. Unfortunately it’s been like that since he a junior. Before he’s body started letting him down he was pretty much neck and neck with LDU as the best kid in the country.

I really like Hayden. If he gets continuity in his games, the skeptics will eat their words.

I just remember some of his great games when he was on. Clean, has courage and his tough as nails. Absolutely pants his opponents in that backline.

Yes he has some shockers but that’s all people tend to focus on

I've seen some people post in various threads that they don't think he has any upside and I genuinely don't know how to properly reply to that. In terms of injury riddled talents he's one of the more promising on physical attributes alone. I'm very happy he's getting an extension, and I have faith that things like his concentration and ball skills will only improve with some genuine consistency. Whether his body allows that is another issue entirely unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a vacant spot on the hbf - atm there are about 5 players vying for it and that is before we hit FA and the draft.

I have always liked KH - his take it on style and aggression is what we lack elsewhere around the ground.

He will need a big and uninterrupted pre season - if he gets that he will be right in the mix for a Round 1 spot.

Imo his main weakness is his body letting him down. Unfortunately it’s been like that since he a junior. Before he’s body started letting him down he was pretty much neck and neck with LDU as the best kid in the country.

I've sent Kyron an inspirational Pat Cummins poster for his bedroom wall.

Anyway, good news. A season for Ronnie to prove himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back