Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
l think they will sign Ham to 1 year.....He just needs to be given a chance to show what he can do and 2021 didnt help him to much by being cut short...
I think the issue with ham is we have too many of his type. Boner young atu hayden Turner will all be fighting for that similar position add to it ziebell if he signs and hall. We've got too many of that type.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
l think they will sign Ham to 1 year.....He just needs to be given a chance to show what he can do and 2021 didnt help him to much by being cut short...

It's the brutal nature of the MSD.

VFL definitely got cut short and he realistically only had 2-3 opportunities to show something, but sometimes they are all the opportunities you get to take it.

He certainly didn't knock any doors down.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club don't take up his option and look at opening a spot for the MSD next year.

It's the same situation, with no football theres bound to be another Jacob Edwards 19 year old that has slipped through the cracks.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's the brutal nature of the MSD.

VFL definitely got cut short and he realistically only had 2-3 opportunities to show something, but sometimes they are all the opportunities you get to take it.

He certainly didn't knock any doors down.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club don't take up his option and look at opening a spot for the MSD next year.

It's the same situation, with no football theres bound to be another Jacob Edwards 19 year old that has slipped through the cracks.
With the VFL opening up again in 2022 I expect quite a few kids to really show themselves for the MSD.
First time most of the kids would have played in 2 years.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two things he needs to do:

Try to stay fit/get over his soft tissues injuries and clean up his disposal.

Even with the amount of injuries he's had, I think the latter is just about more important than anything.

It was dropped earlier in the year or even last year on a radio segment, but he's ranked right up the top of the AFL for points conceded from turnovers per possession.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
is it a lack of skill or a lack of AFL game time that's his issue?
Continuity.
backwards/forwards from AFL to VFL and having a few untimely injury issues.
He really needs a strong year this year.
Its all or nothing time.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Did't realise KH had the record for the running vertical jump. In for a big 2022 do we think?

It's just a pity that as noted by others, he's not an AFL list based on media reports of the vertical jump testing.

hammer3

Debutant
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
is it a lack of skill or a lack of AFL game time that's his issue?

Ohhhhh matey I wouldn’t question big bad bustling Kyron and his skills, he’s got plenty. Check out his draft video and see how he’s played out of position and has a lack of continuous game time in the seniors. Go back and watch him destroy Pendles like a bloke in back door whores 7 does to one the women.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ohhhhh matey I wouldn’t question big bad bustling Kyron and his skills, he’s got plenty. Check out his draft video and see how he’s played out of position and has a lack of continuous game time in the seniors. Go back and watch him destroy Pendles like a bloke in back door whores 7 does to one the women.

Needs to play at least 15+games next year in the AFL or he's done.
Needs a Pettraca style Pre Season to play AFL from the start.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

What is his position though? As far as I can see the only option for him in the seniors would be that lockdown small defender role that Kayne Turner moved into this season. When he did play this year his turnovers that came from a combination of poor decision-making and skills were just killers.

It feels like he is further away from the best 22 now than he was one year and two years ago. I will be surprised if he is still on the list this time next year.

I personally think his best chance is as a run with midfielder, not sure if he has the footy brain for that but he is the right size. Hard as a cats head. A younger midfield in 2-3 years could probably use a 26+ enforcer running around.

I still hold out high hopes for this bloke. Just reminds me of those tough classy 70's-80's types. Looks like a footballer to me.
Agree - my pick as our rising star not too long ago so I suppose he carries the curse of Gokangas. Hope he can get a clear go at it this year. I still believe.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I don’t know what this means but Welcome, Friend.

First time, long time? Calling from Russia? Dominican Republic? Cartagena? Ohhh 3 Floors in Sing?

Good for you.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finishing top 4 means nothing unless you actually win the flag. Perfect example is Fagan at the Lions finished top 4 this year and last year and so far has not achieved anymore than we did. Does that make him a bad coach or a under achiever or have the Lions under achieved. Iam not sure depends what you call successes Flags or top 4 finishers.Even if finishing top 4 gives you a better chance still means nothing if you dont win the flag.

Geelong under Chris Scott have made top 4, 8 out of the last 11 years.

On the face of it, that is a terrific achievement.

But it also helps that they pay 10-11 home games in Geelong.

So if they win 80% of their games in Geelong, thats 8-9 wins.

All they need to do is go 50% win/loss on their 11 away games.

And they win 14 -15 games and make the top 4.

But the interesting thing is Chris Scott has only won one premiership.

And that was in his first year, when he inherited a great team put together by Mark Thompson.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would love some indication that Hayden is crushing this preseason; he really needs it.
Hard to be one of the kids who aren't currently in vic especially when you see the training videos.

hammer3

Debutant
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t know what this means but Welcome, Friend.

First time, long time? Calling from Russia? Dominican Republic? Cartagena? Ohhh 3 Floors in Sing?

Good for you.

I’m shocked you know I’m 3 floors in sing… are you stalking me? That’s not good for me is it? Or maybe I like it

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I personally think his best chance is as a run with midfielder, not sure if he has the footy brain for that but he is the right size. Hard as a cats head. A younger midfield in 2-3 years could probably use a 26+ enforcer running around.
Sadly for Kyron I think Turner has taken that role from him. And like Kyron, Turner can also play in the backline. Definitely up against it if we bring in Wilmont and perez/bonar can stay fit.

Back