Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Flying over to Adelaide on Friday?
If it's in the next 3 weeks, I won't be there, work calls. Would have liked to see him with SPP, but I don't reckon it'll happen you folks have more faith in your coach than I do.

Good athlete this kid, felt very unfamiliar watching a North mid capable of leaping to spoil an opponent in the VFL footage.

He could turn out to be very good, but I suspect the gratification delay factor around here wom't serve him well.

He's a fair way off it fitness wise.

A bit weird that a 1st year draftee is considered the best person to make and voice this assessment of Kyron. Nothing against either of the boys, I just find it weird. All the coaches and senior players hiding for cover?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's no doubt Curtis will make a great caretaker playing coach for the 1s when he takes over from Brad in a couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, thats what I wanted to pass on.

Covering the ground is still an issue, but that can be fixed with time. Took a beautiful intercept mark in the first quarter, where he showed his leap and hang time to me for the first time. Was a bull in the clinches. We got killed on the spread unfortunately, which doesn't presently suit him. Ky just needs to keep it simple and keep getting miles in to his tank.

Had a very nice turn out of traffic on the boundary line and then showed some good pace to get away from his opponent. Hit a very gettable ball to Garner. Ky was good today, strong, able to either break free from tackles or dispose of the ball while being tackled. Best game from him imo

Another pre-season and I get the feeling he will explode.

He is a natural footballer whose body let him down during his developing years 14-19. This is the most extended crack he has had at it since he was 14.

He is building that tank.
It was actually between 16 - 19. He came back from Captaining the WA 16 squad with a chronic case of OP so missed a couple of years of crucial development. His last year with Subi before the draft we could see he was going to be good. He is a natural footballer with the brain to go with it. We rescued him from a career as a basketballer. 😉

It was actually between 16 - 19. He came back from Captaining the WA 16 squad with a chronic case of OP so missed a couple of years of crucial development. His last year with Subi before the draft we could see he was going to be good. He is a natural footballer with the brain to go with it. We rescued him from a career as a basketballer. 😉

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I read somewhere that early days in juniors he had issues with his shoulders, then had OP.

He was good before he got to Subiaco.

Kyron finished runner up for best player behind Davies-Uniake in the Australian under 15 schoolboys carnival in 2014, and captained the W.A. under 16's in 2015.

He's got plenty of raw ability, just missed heaps of footy.

Last edited:
He was good before he got to Subiaco.

Kyron finished runner up for best player behind Davies-Uniake in the Australian under 15 schoolboys carnival in 2014, and captained the W.A. under 16's in 2015.

He's got plenty of raw ability, just missed heaps of footy.
He wouldn't have been with Subi if he wasn't good.

Had a very nice turn out of traffic on the boundary line and then showed some good pace to get away from his opponent. Hit a very gettable ball to Garner. Ky was good today, strong, able to either break free from tackles or dispose of the ball while being tackled. Best game from him imo
Ky = The Jelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back