Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally not convinced that Kyron is the direction we want to take. Whatever his attributes are, what the club does not need are ball butchers.
Kyron seems to make bad decisions with the ball as well. If the club has faith in him to re-sign then I'll back them and I'll back Kyron 100% however other than his courage at the ball I haven't personally seen the qualities that would justify keeping him on a reduced list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he has already had endless injuries
Has played 12 games and he is 22
And has shown something

happy to rookie if we can but it is the triumph of hope over experience

I could see him as an inside run with pressure player (in the Jed mold) over the coming years. One year is a reasonable step given the list profile and his age. We don't just want 20-21 year olds in the team in 22-23 seasons.

And he has already had endless injuries
Has played 12 games and he is 22
And has shown something

happy to rookie if we can but it is the triumph of hope over experience

Tend to agree think there's a bit of romance around Kyron too.

If people couldn't see the player and watched Atley vs Kyron footage I know who'd be rated higher.

Yet Atley gets spoken about like a crossover athlete trying to learn the game and Kyron as if he has an early body of work that suggests he'll become Mark Riccuito.

Happy for Kyron if he's got another year but funny how people will fall in and out of love with different players disconnected to any real output.

Tend to agree think there's a bit of romance around Kyron too.

If people couldn't see the player and watched Atley vs Kyron footage I know who'd be rated higher.

Yet Atley gets spoken about like a crossover athlete trying to learn the game and Kyron as if he has an early body of work that suggests he'll become Mark Riccuito.

Happy for Kyron if he's got another year but funny how people will fall in and out of love with different players disconnected to any real output.

Reminds me of the fawning over Declan "Dec" Mountford.

Guilty. I thought the kid had something. :(
I thought he had good attributes. Quick, strong as an ox and his disposal was neat enough. Really didn't give a proper crack at it, but his numbers at the lower levels probably justify the delisting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back