Delisted 37. Michael Luxford (2014-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmm yeah the only parallel between those two I have is they are both male.

I luv the enthusiasm about Petracca but im not willing to go anywhere near that kind of comparison. just sets up failure.

I will say watching Lux his hips and core remind me of GAS in that he is very solid and thick thru the core. That was as far a parallel as I would go.

Its great to see him getting some coverage for his efforts - and I think he could be very good for us as I've been saying for a while - but he still has a long way to go. Fitness and strength are the challenges. Not sure about the talk of the senior upgrade BUT it would give him the chance to see where he is at vs where he needs to be. Great signs for him.

Go Catters

Well yes definitely behind Petracca for sure but that is the kind of player Luxford, if everything goes right for him, could become considering his more bulk now, sidestep very good, pretty low centre of gravity from basketball background.

Technically fitter than Petracca right now though ;)

He's got the body to play and I think he's got serious natural athletic talent, I for one would like to see Michael given a taste of big time footy.
I think he's got a lot of upside, don't know why but I do, I guess his ressie form has been top rate so why not!

I luv the enthusiasm about Petracca but im not willing to go anywhere near that kind of comparison. just sets up failure.

I will say watching Lux his hips and core remind me of GAS in that he is very solid and thick thru the core. That was as far a parallel as I would go.

Its great to see him getting some coverage for his efforts - and I think he could be very good for us as I've been saying for a while - but he still has a long way to go. Fitness and strength are the challenges. Not sure about the talk of the senior upgrade BUT it would give him the chance to see where he is at vs where he needs to be. Great signs for him.

Go Catters

Seems to have slimmed down a bit

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 5.54.32 pm.jpg

I can't wait to hear the comparisons to Pendlebury when he starts playing - "former basketballer this - former basketballer that"

Go Catters

No Petracca, but maybe the next Ablett?
Way to dampen down the enthusiasm, Daz! ;-)

For the record, I am "on" Luxford as well.

If he gets a game this season, then he will have done brilliantly.

I can't wait to hear the comparisons to Pendlebury when he starts playing - "former basketballer this - former basketballer that"

I'll be happy to hear some comparison's to Dellavedova. Why do the keep bringing up Australia Rules in the NBA commentary ..not sure if dazbroncos can help.. but as much as admire desperation , the last one I saw was a tad reckless , and would have been frowned upon in the AFL , took the guys legs out buy sweeping his body around.

The thing for Luxford is he is at the other end of the spectrum than Blitz. He need to really add stamina to his kit bag , as well as ball skills etc. If he is covering the ground then I guess he is putting his name up there with a few other guys

He will never be and Ablett , he more the cross between Fyfe and Pendbery mixed with a but of Selwood ( yeah sure) Im not sure he like anyone yet , when we see him play IF we get to see him play we can start make legit comparisons.

Will never be anything like GAS. Simply a parallel in physique thru the hips. Nothing more, nothing less.

GO Catters

With all respect to the kid... he doesn't strike me as all that... bright.

Maybe Catgirl can help me out here - is he just ridiculously nervous?

He dose not need to be bright. For God's sake he is an AFL footballer not a Particle Physicist.

Michael Luxford has been advised that he will not be at the club next year.

After a slow start, he peaked in 2015 with an AFL debut and lift to the senior list.

Perhaps a re-rookie selection for him is in the future with plenty of space available there.

WE thank Lux for his efforts and wish him well going forward.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2016-10-26/luxford-departs

Recent strike rate of our rookie drafts and rookies that have been promoted to the senior list has been horrendous (Stringer and Burbury, along with Luxford now come to mind immediately).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we re-rookie list him and how would that work?

I know he was originally a b-rookie for 2 years, so if we now make him an a-rookie does that only give him 1 year as a rookie or can he stay on for 3 years? Not sure that we would re-rookie him, but it does seem to raise an interesting question.

I have to admit I'm also surprised we delisted him considering how many spots we had already freed up this year.

Would have kept him. Had a solid, consistent VFL season

He was never going to make it at AFL level.
They did the right thing. Cut and try someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back