Delisted 37. Sam Simpson (2017 - 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah about 4 weeks
for a calf thats not too bad..

Hope he gets it sorted...
Want to see him out there... he's one that always seemed to have time in the game.

GO Catters

for a calf thats not too bad..

Hope he gets it sorted...
Want to see him out there... he's one that always seemed to have time in the game.

GO Catters
According to Sean he was almost ready to go.

According to Sean he was almost ready to go.
Really like this!!!!

Has that innate composure with time and ball in hand. Needs tank and size but kid can play.. and is worth the perseverance. Happy Sean says he's close that really good news

Go Catters

Updated for Senior Listing

GO Catters

Simmo with a massive game. 27 touches and highest count on the ground.

Cant be happier for him. Been on his development from early on - can play and great hands.

GO Catters

Cant be happier for him. Been on his development from early on - can play and great hands.

GO Catters
I'm not sure if you were with Willo_ and myself at a certain VFL game but there was a certain handball dished out by young Simpson that traveled about 30 metres where the receiver didn't have to break stride. We looked at each other and said that was Greg Williams like.

Once he gets 50 or so games under his belt with a little more confidence we're going to see some special things from him. His agility and skill in close is exceptional.

I'm not sure if you were with Willo_ and myself at a certain VFL game but there was a certain handball dished out by young Simpson that traveled about 30 metres where the receiver didn't have to break stride. We looked at each other and said that was Greg Williams like.

Once he gets 50 or so games under his belt with a little more confidence we're going to see some special things from him. His agility and skill in close is exceptional.
yes I was... remember it well....

I dont get may VFL games so I tend to recall the ones Im at.

It was a good day that one.

Still owe you a beverage If i recall.

The one knock ive had on him over the journey was he needed to take the first option. The speed of the game was fine for him but he was always looking for something better and got caught.

The other factor ive posted about before too was that at VFL level sometimes his inside work was "too good" for those around him. By that I mean that he'd make things happen in close that his teammates werent ready for and they didnt take as a clean posession so it was met with a contest or a turn over. At the faster AFL level that receiving skill is better.. and as we saw last night... it paid off.

Cheers Matt

Go Catters

Last edited:
yes I was... remember it well....

I dont get may VFL games so I tend to recall the ones Im at.

It was a good day that one.

Still owe you a beverage If i recall.

Cheers Matt

Go Catters
We'll certainly get to another game together again ... Eventually.

I was looking forward to seeing the likes of Taheny, etc this year too.

GO Catters
I’m also a big fan. Been waiting very patiently for his body to develop. I made a big call, maybe even here, that he would be better than Witherden. Very happy for him and the cats !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a bit sceptical on him. Thought his game against Brisbane, and to a lesser extent his game against collingwood was downhill skiing.

He was very good in a tight preliminary final tonight. 7 months ago I thought he was a certain delisting. 7 hours ago I thought he was pencilled in for a1 year extension. 7 minutes ago I realised that he is probably worth 2-3 years.

I'm excited to find out what I will think of this man in 7 days time. Quietly confident.

The kid can PLAY! I'm struggling to remember more of old man Sean's game than 'honest toiler' and 'blue collar player', but i really like the cut of Sam's jib. Imagine him joining the ranks of gun father/sons like Ablett, Scarlett, and Hawkins? Bewsy's at the door right now and I reckon next year he steps inside. Sam Simpson may well join him, and sooner rather than later.

So in regards to Sammy. You probably already know but he has a broken rib as well as a terrible concussion. He’s feeling ok today but embarrassed about being carted off in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

So in regards to Sammy. You probably already know but he has a broken rib as well as a terrible concussion. He’s feeling ok today but embarrassed about being carted off in front of hundreds of thousands of people.
Im really pleased to hear that he's ok - I never saw a report after it and was kinda concerned.

Showed ultimate courage and team ethos in the game. Tried his guts out and ended his game knocked out for the team.

I think he's boosted his standing across the board and has earned not just a re-signing with the club but a Senior list position IMO.

Go Catters

Lovely to see him back. Class player. Lets hope he gets a good run at it, still only 24.
Totally agree - been thru so many ups and downs... - lots of footy ahead of him.

Just wish he'd kicked 4 on Saturday ( that was gettable) instead of 2.2

Hes got silky skills and we benefit as a team when he's able to use them.

Go Catters

Sammy is done. Good bloke but just never gor a clean run for long enough.

best to Sammy.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back