Past #37: Will Fordham - pick 33 '14 Rookie Draft - thanks for your service WIll

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Fordham closely in the preseason games and was very impressed. The only thing that he needs to work on is his attack on the contest. He is an outside player and a good one at that but needs to develop his physical, tackling game like Gibbo has done.

Will Fordham – 21 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 6 clearances

Will Fordham missed last week, but was quick to make an impact upon his return.

His run and carry was a highlight, and he finished with 21 disposals and 6 clearances.

“He’s found a little bit of form over the past three or four weeks, where he’s been able to lock into his role and play that role well,” Development Coach David Loader said.

“He’s certainly getting a lot better at the contested ball and driving with his legs out of contests.

“He used the ball OK and got forward and gave himself an opportunity to have a couple of shots on goal, so it was pretty solid from him again.”

Where is Will's career at NMFC at? In a period where we are absolutely decimated with injuries he doesnt even get a mention any more. In preseason I would have guaranteed he would get upgraded this year and got a game but he is still languishing in the VFL. We could use his skillset on the outside at the moment.

I bumped his thread from Page 10 - thats how forgotten he has become

Where is Will's career at NMFC at? In a period where we are absolutely decimated with injuries he doesnt even get a mention any more. In preseason I would have guaranteed he would get upgraded this year and got a game but he is still languishing in the VFL. We could use his skillset on the outside at the moment.

I bumped his thread from Page 10 - thats how forgotten he has become

Werribee's last 3 games have been in pretty windy/wet/heavy conditions which really impacts Fordham's ability to break the lines and use his running power. Had limited continuity in his game over the past 6-7 weeks as well, he missed a week with ankle sprain a few weeks back, that coupled with werribee's byes isn't exactly ideal prep to get called up.

I watched the game on the weekend and he rotated between half forward and the wing, he done okay without being outstanding. 15 odd touches but nothing that really made him stand out. If he isn't going to get a chance now I doubt he will be on the list next year.

Werribee's last 3 games have been in pretty windy/wet/heavy conditions which really impacts Fordham's ability to break the lines and use his running power. Had limited continuity in his game over the past 6-7 weeks as well, he missed a week with ankle sprain a few weeks back, that coupled with werribee's byes isn't exactly ideal prep to get called up.

I watched the game on the weekend and he rotated between half forward and the wing, he done okay without being outstanding. 15 odd touches but nothing that really made him stand out. If he isn't going to get a chance now I doubt he will be on the list next year.
That will be pretty disappointing if he isnt. Our only true wingman is Gibson and that is mainly due to his amazing fitness. Gibson is now also 30 yrs old. Fordham consistently finishes 2nd to Gibson in all fitness drills and has proven in the VFL he can rack up the possessions despite currently having a lean spell. Would be pretty harsh to delist him based on his time with us so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Wright is back on the list for Nahas. And Nahas has now been elevated back on the list for the 2548th time. Would of liked to see what Fordham could of given.. Hope they keep him on for next year.

Watched the replay of the Werri-Bs vs Northern Blues game a couple of weeks ago and was super impressed with what I saw of Will, looked strong, tall and quick, has an insanely good sidestep and ran hard all day. Layed a couple of sensational run down tackles as well and used the ball much better than I expected. Would be super surprised and disappointed if we delisted him as I have a good feeling about him making it and becoming an important player for us if given the opportunity, sure he still has some things to work on but we have very few of his type and his combination of ball-winning, endurance and evasive speed is rare in general.

I'm on the Ford bus ;)

We'll either have to promote him permanently in the draft or add another year on rookie list, but there is no way we will delist him IMO.

If he can't get a game with our side at the minute I'm tipping the coaches don't see too much in him. He hasn't even been close to getting the call up despite consistent form at Werribee. I would be disappointed if he was cut but I wouldn't be surprised

If he can't get a game with our side at the minute I'm tipping the coaches don't see too much in him. He hasn't even been close to getting the call up despite consistent form at Werribee. I would be disappointed if he was cut but I wouldn't be surprised
From memory, has only been an emergency once this year.

His 2016 went **** up due to injury but he finished strongly. Next year's his chance. Must have a huge preseason and hope to force his way in with good early performances.

Never in doubt.
Yeah I thought it was odd that a few on here were adament on him getting the chop.
To me it seemed that he had been developing well.
Outside player who the coaches said he had to go away and work on his inside game.
Improved in that area. Injuries struck towards the latter part of the year.
But he is valuable because he has what we are lacking in the seniors. Still very young.

Next year will be make or break for him. Will be competing with the likes of Mountford and Clarke as well as whoever we for a spot in the side. I hope he gets a chance, has always looked good at vfl, but will have to compete with a few similar players now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back