Past #37: Will Fordham - pick 33 '14 Rookie Draft - thanks for your service WIll

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks as though he is a long long way down the pecking order.

Was really hoping he'd get an opportunity at the end of last year but never got a look in despite us being very one paced.

Not much said about him throughout the whole pre-season and a number of new rookies and first year players get a gig before him in the JLT.

Might be early but I wouldn't have thought that these things are a good sign.

Looks as though he is a long long way down the pecking order.

Was really hoping he'd get an opportunity at the end of last year but never got a look in despite us being very one paced.

Not much said about him throughout the whole pre-season and a number of new rookies and first year players get a gig before him in the JLT.

Might be early but I wouldn't have thought that these things are a good sign.
Yeah i think he is a fair way back. TBH i think his max level will be good VFL winger as he lacks an AFL level contested game and instincts. Nice on the outside but a bit meh tbh.

My take on Will is that he has a bit of the BMacs about him in avoiding the physical contest. And could see that in the praccy matches. I agree he has been overtaken by some of the new kids.

The coaches obviously arent seeing something in him and it could only be physical competitiveness from what I have seen of him. He just isnt an inside player.

I think the comparison made above with BMac's physicality is probably fair. They are both more outside types. Problem for Fordham is his kicking skills arent near BMac's so it will be hard for him.

I think he deserves a go given Gibson is 30 now and we need a youth refresh and we dont really have any typical wingers on our list. We seem to be trying Hibberd there but his kicking has needed a lot of work based on what I have seen so hoping Fordham at least gets a chance.

Purely based on the very limited amount I have seen of either of the two, the only things separating Hibberd and Fordham is about 2cm and the draft group. Both of them need to tidy up their skills and make some impact in their next appearances.

Is he injured? if he isnt then i have no idea why he is still on the list if he isnt even getting a run in the pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are not getting at least one game in JLT; then the writing is on the wall....or perhaps that was to send a further msg to put your head down bum hard hard this season or you're gone.

Hibberd I see as V2.0 only a bigger stronger and perhaps better version. (V2.0 doesnt always be better as we all know......but Hibberd isnt a cost cutted down version ;))

Its a pity they didnt have the "ask the coach" for Brad to come as this would of been a good question.....what is going on with Will Fordham.

Mullett was mentioned on the club site as ill at some point I seem to recall.

Will needs to storm Brad's office and scribble "I am Homer Simpson Will Fordham" everywhere.
I realise that. I meant in relation to being under the gun, come end of season. Who knows, injuries may gift him games, but he's got to make a better fist of it than he did last year. Unless he's contracted, of course.

Wouldn't be against giving him one shot over the next few weeks to see if he is worth a one year deal.

While he hasn't been a game breaker at VFL level he has consistently found the footy. Wouldn't hurt to see if he can find the pill at AFL level. If he doesn't perform in a couple of games then he doesn't get a gig next year.

Wouldn't be against giving him one shot over the next few weeks to see if he is worth a one year deal.

While he hasn't been a game breaker at VFL level he has consistently found the footy. Wouldn't hurt to see if he can find the pill at AFL level. If he doesn't perform in a couple of games then he doesn't get a gig next year.

Max Warren thread :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back