Senior 38. Jack Henry (2017 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling this guy will keep growing, perhaps to 193cm or taller. Not sure if he will be big enough for key position, but you never know. I'd like to see him develop into a big midfielder. Cameron Ling started as a key forward and turned to a midfielder, this guy is more athletic than Ling, not sure if he has the motor like Ling though, Ling albeit slow, could run all day.

Be happy to see him go all year in the VFL and reassess at years end.

Could be, granted based on one game, a good amount of rookies making it year 2.

Baring anymore Hartman, Toohey or Bates type issues of course.

Go Catters

I thought that Jack Henry was very good tonight.
I do not know, but I wonder if the Cats coaching staff have given him a licence to just go for his marks. He seemed to attempt to mark on most occasions rather than to the easy option and just spoil.

Last edited:
Im over hyping him here and he still has a long way to go - but he very much was our version of Jeremy McCovern IMO last night.

Massive marking target and quality disposals.

HUGE game for him - huge!

GO Catters

Im over hyping him here and he still has a long way to go - but he very much was our version of Jeremy McCovern IMO last night.

Massive marking target and quality disposals.

HUGE game for him - huge!

GO Catters

He was second only to Tom Stewart for marks last night. And that includes all the GWS players.
His disposal efficiency was 78%.

Watching Henry do the "Hendo role" has been outstanding. Id suggest that they'd want to get him under contract sooner than later.

It will probably cause issues however if our SC and TPP is as full as advertised. Finding 250k per year for 3 years might see someone else missing out as its probably fair to assume that even if they had Henry as a projected player for retention that it was not at that level. So that $$ has to come from somewhere.

Dont get me wrong, its a great problem to have. But it might push someone else down.

Go Catters

Watching Henry do the "Hendo role" has been outstanding. Id suggest that they'd want to get him under contract sooner than later.

It will probably cause issues however if our SC and TPP is as full as advertised. Finding 250k per year for 3 years might see someone else missing out as its probably fair to assume that even if they had Henry as a projected player for retention that it was not at that level. So that $$ has to come from somewhere.

Dont get me wrong, its a great problem to have. But it might push someone else down.

Go Catters
My assumption is that's why Stewart and Savrat only took one year extensions - with not much in the coffers the only good deals we could offer are long term with some backending (Blicz) or just a little deal to tide them over while we smooth out the TPP.

I have a feeling this guy will keep growing, perhaps to 193cm or taller. Not sure if he will be big enough for key position, but you never know. I'd like to see him develop into a big midfielder. Cameron Ling started as a key forward and turned to a midfielder, this guy is more athletic than Ling, not sure if he has the motor like Ling though, Ling albeit slow, could run all day.
I want him to be a Forward line player... I think he can do it.

Worst case, he will become a good back line player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back