Delisted #38: Jarrod Atkinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jaz Atkinson

Had an incredible first quarter. unfortunately I think that Lovett will steal his spot back.
Really would like to see more of him though.

In the short term maybe so but they play completely different positions so there is a spot for Atkinson in defense if continues to shine.

Re: Jaz Atkinson

Seems worthy of a promotion to the senior list next year on a 1 yr contract.

Of course he's going to improve when he gets games under his belt..........I would have thought that's pretty normal.

Don't see why we would drop him just yet.

He was better than Layock, Michael, Rama at least...

Re: 38. Jarrod Atkinson

This guy looked the goods yesterday, got his hands on the ball and generally used it pretty effectively. Definitely worth keeping in the mix.

I think he looks a very good player. Only criticism id have is his kicks are floaters. Other then that his defensive work is brilliant.

Despity "longys" prediction, Jarrods been given another call up. some might say it's out of lack of options other might say it's due to his form in the VFL

Some might say a lot of things, but if anyone says anything other than he got a game because we have so many injuries, then they are wrong.

His VFL form wasn't all that good at all.

But he did play a good game on Saturday, he was very good.

I still wouldn't give him a position on the list next season. I reckon what we saw on Saturday is his optimum level and I don't think he has much scope for improvement. Can't see him being in our best side next year and I'd rather invest in an other kid rather than hold him for depth.

Some might say a lot of things, but if anyone says anything other than he got a game because we have so many injuries, then they are wrong.

His VFL form wasn't all that good at all.

But he did play a good game on Saturday, he was very good.

I still wouldn't give him a position on the list next season. I reckon what we saw on Saturday is his optimum level and I don't think he has much scope for improvement. Can't see him being in our best side next year and I'd rather invest in an other kid rather than hold him for depth.

He gives the impression he'll turn out a poor mans NLM.

much improved game from jarrod on the weekend. i reckon the coaches must have given him a wake up call after the west coast game. he has a much better attack on the ball now.

Unsure about him, he's very quick and strong which certainly gives him a chance. I want to see more of him, I hope he gets at least one more year. If he can get the ball a bit more and keep improving his kicking he could be a very valuable player given that we have been cut up by quite a few small forwards this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last couple of weeks have been pretty good. One thing he does have to work on though is his kicking to our player's advantage. He put it on top of forwards heads a bit and kicked it to the wrong side.

He was pretty good again today. I had my doubts, but you can't knock his recent form. His disposal and decision making has been surprisingly good.

Keep up the good work JA. :thumbsu:

I'm really happy with how Jarrod's coming along. Seems to be growing in confidence and not looking so nervous out on the pitch anymore. I liked his run out of defense and he's got a strong body which will come in handy alongside reimers to protect out little guys in the future! ha

Looks like Essendon is going to keep Jarrod on the rookie list for another year. I thought they were going to elevate him permenatly by atleast they never delisted him!!!

Looks like Essendon is going to keep Jarrod on the rookie list for another year. I thought they were going to elevate him permenatly by atleast they never delisted him!!!

He's not eligible to be on the rookie list next year, so I don't think that's going to happen.

One would think he's going to be elevated.

He's not eligible to be on the rookie list next year, so I don't think that's going to happen.

One would think he's going to be elevated.

Apparently there's been some sort of exception to the rule, I think an amendment might have been made after Ramanaskas was successfully reinstated as a Rookie.

No i don't.
Actuallly i was told by a reliable source when i posted it that he would be left on the rookie list, but things have changed since and it now looks like he'll be elavated

Atkinson promoted to senior list
Thursday, 2 October 2008
Craig Rowston for essendonfc.com.au

Matthew Knights gave the Crichton Medal crowd an exclusive last night confirming that Jarrod Atkinson will be upgraded to the club’s senior list for the 2009 season.
Atkinson, who played five games with Essendon this year, was placed on the club’s rookie list after being taken in the 2007 rookie draft.
He made his AFL debut along with David Myers and Darcy Daniher against Port Adelaide and impressed the coaches and fans with his athleticism and attack on the ball.
The 23-year-old played under Matthew Knights at Bendigo in 2007 and is the fastest player at the club over 20m.
Knights said he received a text message from Atkinson saying ‘I won’t let you down’ after he was told of his elevation to the senior list

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=6108

Remove this Banner Ad

Back