Not open for further replies.

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yeah 10-15 possessions a game should be a pass.

One thing I hope he cleans up is his marking. Can take mark of the year and then drop a no pressure sitter.
That'll come with confidence and fitness. Most of the ones he drops are late in quarters. A full preseason with no distractions will do him wonders

That'll come with confidence and fitness. Most of the ones he drops are late in quarters. A full preseason with no distractions will do him wonders

i agree with this. Ive been able to see a few of his games in the seconds this year and although theres always a chance he wont be able to replicate
that dominance in the afl i expect at least he will get a real crack next year to secure his spot. Ive been a supporter of maj for a while but this year would have to be make or break for him and the club.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure it will be make or break. We only really have Preuss and Mckay coming through to take his position and Waite likely retiring at the end of next year. He has only just sihned a 3 year contract.

I expect for the first time he will be played next year every game barring injury and it will an imporant development year for Maj. Consistency will be the main barrier for him.

Will ruck and play through the middle.

Why get Brown to ruck?

Part time ruck. Goldy wants the big share of ruck duties.

Over the last 2 seasons (well second half of last year and first half of this year,) we have looked good when our forward line is mobile and some of the big forwards get right up the ground and take marks in the middle or on wings. Browny and Waite both did this well. No reason Maj and Wood can't do it as well. If anything they are even more suited to that sort of role.

It kind of fell apart this year without Waite and Drew but to me it seemed that it worked to move the move the ball and even compensated for relying on fast mids and spread. (Tho we weren't that s**t on that front when we had higgo, boomer and even dal and Ats or Wells (at times this year) running well.)

This is why we were capable of doing so well when we fired over the last 2 seasons and why no one in the footy world understood wtf we were doing - because they couldn't see how something that went against conventional wisdom could work. Its also why we get canned in the media and its a real pity that our injuries were so bad this year because it was a great brand of footy that I really enjoyed watching. It would have great to see people who look at what just happened and try and explain it struggle to get their heads around something new.

I hope Scott sticks with it. If anything we have better cattle for this sort of play now. Maj and Wood this next season is an upgrade on Drew at the start of this one and with luck and good management McKay will replace Waite over the next few seasons.

Yep, was a very clear progression, easily the best hands we have and one of the best in the league in a pack.

Tarrant might have a case? But yeah, as our forwards go definitely. His marking is two sprinkles of confidence away from being dominant IMHO.

MrBlueandWhite

Senior List
Nov 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always thought Maj looked better as a ruck, but maybe this flexibility is what North and he needs. Play him forward first, if he can't get into the game, give him a spell in the ruck. North really needs some variety in the game plan.

Screw any of the footy-related reasons, I'd be okay with the club delisting Tippett purely based on him wearing that top.
I'm going with,

Tippet: "BUT ,it's a hat hanging around my neck."
Crazy Carl: " wtf are you matching a pink hat with a grey tank top? Back to Westies with you"
Tippet: "s**t....anyone seen my flannelette shirt??"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back