Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and there was one goal went begging when he was the only forward inside 50 with the ball heading our way and he ran away from the ball with his defender when most would have darted back towards the kicker to get the easier mark in front.
Yep, but I think he improves that positioning with 10-15 games without being dropped.

100% what we have been crying out for all year. Didn't get to watch the match, but saw the goals thanks to giantroo and he provided what Brown can't (nothing against Brown, but he is a hit up forward). Daw can crash packs and draw 3 defenders, therefore bringing our small forwards into the game. Given some time it won't surprise me if he begins to clunk some big pack marks regularly. He can give us what Drew used to.

Well done Maj, to me appeared to have more impact at centre bounces than Goldy when given a go after 1/2 time, we actually got a couple of clearances, which prior to that were scarcer than hens teeth. Also was extremely stiff with the bounce of the ball a couple of times, and recipient of dubious quality delivery as well, all things considered, did more then enough to hold his spot, and hopefully is backing up Preuss vs Witts next week.

Has two major deficits in his game, slow mental reflexes and gets lost in transition (so does Mason Wood though judging by Saturday :( )
But his tap work is now the best at the club, keeps Brown from rucking (though not entirely for some maddening reason we still had him take it in the forwardline) and actually crashes packs like Peach does.
I've gone off him lately but he should get a run at it.

Missed the game unfortunately or fortunately depends on your pov I suppose.

Going by the goals post from GR, Majak had a direct hand in five of our sixteen goals. When you consider this was his first hit out for 3 months not a bad effort. He it seemed did split packs or offer that pack mark option which we have been missing for some considerable time.

Had an interesting conversation last Thursday regarding how we don't have anyone roaming the ground and offering a contested 'out' It looks like Waite took up that mantle.

Brown had his best game for a fair while- coincidence? Maybe. I would like to think Majak would continue to improve given an extended run. He needs to get more ball. Loved the fly at the end which lead to Cunners snapping a beauty, bet ya last dollar Majak's confidence was sky high after slotting that gem of a goal from the pocket.

He due to whatever reason doesn't feel he is part of the furniture and like us all that plays with your confidence, and I can only imagine what that would be like at elite sporting level.

Hope he keeps his spot for the remainder of the year, I still think he will make it as a fwd/ruck.

Really liked his game and I hope we keep him in the team. Another tall may have to make way though. It does seem like the Hansen experiment is over though

I could make a case for Loogie's omission being a case of no clear match up against the Dogs' small forwards, and that he will be back this week to stand in the hole in front of Lynch and Wright (or stand Wright so Taz/Thommo can stand in the hole).

Am I the only one that, when we kick a point and the behind the goals camera is showing the other team kick in, can't help but watch Maj wander around inside 50 like a 3 year old that dropped a lolly and can't for the lift of them remember where?

He has so many "I dont know what I'm doing lol" moments.

Am I the only one that, when we kick a point and the behind the goals camera is showing the other team kick in, can't help but watch Maj wander around inside 50 like a 3 year old that dropped a lolly and can't for the lift of them remember where?

He has so many "I dont know what I'm doing lol" moments.

It is frustrating seeing everyone sticking to the team defence and then Maj guarding a North player!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is frustrating seeing everyone sticking to the team defence and then Maj guarding a North player!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mentioned it in the game day thread. Improved after quarter time. Prefer the old style last year where he was on one side, Petrie the other and Goldy in the middle. Not sure why he wasn't used as a target up the other end though.

images

Nup. Persist. That was awful, but I want to see if the pennies will drop. Lots and lots and lots of pennies.

I agree mate, it isn't like he is costing us victories unless we want to blame Maj for our last 21 defeats from 28 games. Although would not be surprised if that was the case.

Anywho he was s**t and I hope he can redeem from here.

Looked low on confidence at times. Probably just feeding off his teammates. His 29th career game and 3rd game this season. Let him build.

Beyond abjectly deplorable no confidence football I see no reason not to play him bar injury for the rest of the year. Find out one way or another what we have to work with.

His positioning is wrong when playing forward. Starts behind his defender which is baffling. If he played in front, he's quick off the mark and would be more dangerous. Also noticed not enough space between Maj n BBB. That's on the coach to sort both of these issues out and then I think Maj would be a more damaging player.

Play him all season
Best Case - Found a player for the future
Worst Case - He helps getting us a better draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back