Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly the point. Can't believe they did it. The blond boy at the back, that's the one Australian among the hyphenated.

And if they really wanted to go down such a contradictory path wouldn't it make more sense to pick someone with an indigenous background?!

"All of these players are Australian but some are more Australian than others"

I love Croatia !! Would jump at the chance to go back.
It's great little country, and it gives me great joy when i see it featured on travel and cooking shows in a positive light.
And also lots of positive comments from strangers and friends alike who have ventured there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good, he is ****en hearing what plenty believe, no excuses. Give him an extended run Brad ffs

Totally with this but have looked on our website and no references to Daw being injured why isn't he playing? Kinda feels like Groundhog Day for Maj yet again (or is that redundant?) yet again .....

It's a curious one. Did he get a poke in the eye? Is he still underdone? Or is he getting ahead of himself and getting a message from the club? Bit of a mystery really.

It's a curious one. Did he get a poke in the eye? Is he still underdone? Or is he getting ahead of himself and getting a message from the club? Bit of a mystery really.
Looks underdone. I dont think he can preform off limitted preperation like other players. Give him a few games in the VFL to get his mojo back and then an extended run in the seniors.

Looks underdone. I dont think he can preform off limitted preperation like other players. Give him a few games in the VFL to get his mojo back and then an extended run in the seniors.
Spot on.

Would be interesting to know.

I admire his adopted community spokesman role and he's in amongst various causes and promotions but without knowing the full story, am feeling a little swayed towards the "maybe just concentrate on the footy this year" crowd.

Looking over his career there have been blocks of major distractions be them learning to be part of a highly structured regimen, court cases, delisting/relisting, etc. No idea how he handles multiple things going on but the concept of him just honing his bread and butter this year without other ever meritorious distractions seems the way to go. Looking from afar anyway.

How about he demands a spot? A bit sick of the 'gift him a stretch of games' view after all this time.

Yeah I think there is nothing sinister in his omission. He had a severely interrupted preseason and will be sent to the VFL to find some touch.

How about he demands a spot? A bit sick of the 'gift him a stretch of games' view after all this time.

Yeah agree I won't list all the dudes given a stretch of games under Scott's tenure- actually we play against one of them on Sunday:)

Yeah agree I won't list all the dudes given a stretch of games under Scott's tenure- actually we play against one of them on Sunday:)
A selection approach pretty much all have issues with. But if it's Majak it should come back in vogue?

I had issues with Petrie's ongoing selection, and Dal's, and others at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back