Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 preseason in 7 years. Unlike say Clarke he can't afford it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even worse, every pre-season it's been a lower body injury of some kind.

Which is why he has the torso of Schwarzenegger and the legs of Cinderella.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-22/scott-defends-his-fiery-outburst-at-daw

NORTH Melbourne coach Brad Scott has defended a heated outburst directed towards Majak Daw as the club's ruck dilemma continues to present problems.

Scott was caught on camera directing a verbal barrage towards Daw after an up-and-down performance in the ruck.

Daw and opponent Tom Bellchambers each had 34 hitouts, and the young Roo at times put the ball on a platter for his midfielders, but he failed to have the desired impact around the ground.

"Majak showed some real signs at times but it was pretty obvious that I was disappointed with a few of Majak's efforts. But he's still learning the game," Scott said.

"The challenge for him is still the technical nature of the game because it's a bit incongruous that the strongest man ever to play the game at AFL level is getting pushed out of the way. 'Maj' and I had a bit of a laugh about it after the game.

"We're going to work with him on that and keep supporting him. He showed glimpses without grabbing that mantle and saying, 'You have to play me first ruck irrespective of whose available next week.' So we're still going to have a decision to make next week."

Regular ruckman Todd Goldstein was dropped to play in the VFL this week and Braydon Preuss is battling to overcome a back injury.

Scott said he expected Goldstein to lift.

"He's been plodding along a bit, 'Goldy' … Sometimes when you exhaust all options, you need to send them back to the VFL to see if you can get a response. I'm confident that with the character and calibre of Goldy that we will, but that largely will be up to him," he said.

Soft utensil attitudes like this one is the reason north havent won anything in 18 years.
Aint no soft utensil mate. I just dont have a ******* attitude with a vendetta towards our players.....more so for players that have a AA history and obviously have either physical and/or personal issues and that are in a bad spot of form due to it.

Excuse me if i have some respect for our players. Calling me a soft utensil is uncalled for.

Save your trash talk for someone else.

Hey guys, serious question, I saw the heat Scott dished out to Majak today through the phone, but can you guys tell me why Preuss wasn't picked this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. How do you guys rate Majak going forward? Does he go on next year?

Got 2 years left on his contract, so that's usually a yes. Unless he and the club agree otherwise. TBH my crystal ball is pretty cloudy on this one.

Maj was good, v good in fact. Today was a major positive. But he still allowed himself to be outmuscled on occasion.

That shouldn't happen.

I am 100% in the Scott bake-sale camp.

For * sake, Maj. Fire the * up in the contest. You of all people should never ever ever be beaten in a feat of strength.

Get angry or cop anger at you!

Ah fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. How do you guys rate Majak going forward? Does he go on next year?
Yeh he will.

Majak will go better when he plays more at this level. I know Majak is 26 or so, but in terms of AFL match experience, Nicnait wasnt that great at 20-30 games.

Anyway he has most likely the rest of the year to show the club he is worth developing in the AFL. If he doesnt show clear improvement I will worry for him.

His physical issues are he is carrying too much weight so tires more and needs to increase his core strength. His other issues is understanding of the game but I have the belief he will get better as he did in the VFL. Only way he will improve is more AFL games. He also hasnt had a clear run at a proper preseason and is obviously underdeveloped in terms of his tank for endurance.

What - did they play again last night? Must have missed that.

In the game i watched yesterday afternoon Maj broke even with Bellchambers who is considered a very good ruckman - he got out positioned in a couple of boundary throw ins but he beat Bellchambers at centre bounces.

In fact that was probably the best display of pure centre bounce tap ruck work for North since Mick Nolan was going around - pity we don't have any Barry Cables under him to take advantage of it. A decent midfield would have lapped that up yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back