Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, nah. Majak is gone in my humble opinion. Spent a lot of time and money on him and I did believe. But lost me now. Zero improvement this year - gotta go. Happy to play him every game for the rest of the season and hope he can prove me wrong, but I have lost my faith in Majak.

With Petrie gone (and Goldstein injured/down on form) he should have been given a decent run in the seniors. Playing half a dozen games for the season isn't going to do us or him any good.

That as a great grab and very timely for us.

played better last week surprised Brad didn't blast him on the phone again but he fought it out and took a very important mark. No point trading as we will still need to find another ruckman in the draft so rather keep playing Daw and Preuss together who i thought were ok as a ruck dual.

played better last week surprised Brad didn't blast him on the phone again but he fought it out and took a very important mark. No point trading as we will still need to find another ruckman in the draft so rather keep playing Daw and Preuss together who i thought were ok as a ruck dual.

Was definitely more urgent this week. Didn't have a big impact but didn't feel Gawn did much either against Maj or Pruess. He really put work into his body work and especially early he had the better of Gawn.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the mark where he almost killed Jetta was just as good, the sun shines twice in one day!!

He can be criticised for plenty but heck I cannot fathom how people could be surprised by his contested marking ability. He looked more engaged yesterday which is a good sign. He needs to find the hunger that's required for success. Luckily he doesn't need to look very far as there's a great example at the club in Benny Brown.

I thought the ruck combination worked ok - first real time for it and a windy day. The key was that both Preuss and Maj had some tank left in the quarter - Preuss with some good hits and tackles and Maj with the mark and tackles.

Its a combination that has to be persisted with for this year.

He can be criticised for plenty but heck I cannot fathom how people could be surprised by his contested marking ability. He looked more engaged yesterday which is a good sign. He needs to find the hunger that's required for success. Luckily he doesn't need to look very far as there's a great example at the club in Benny Brown.

Make sure you work up a good sweat.

turdpolish.jpg

I thought the ruck combination worked ok - first real time for it and a windy day. The key was that both Preuss and Maj had some tank left in the quarter - Preuss with some good hits and tackles and Maj with the mark and tackles.

Its a combination that has to be persisted with for this year.

Goldstein on an ordinary day has just as much output as Daw and a clearly injured Preuss, and allows us to play another midfielder.

Combine that output and the choice is easy to make. He fires today and they both make way for him.

North needs to find someone who can get the best out of Maj. it is obvious Scott cannot, may Brown could start mentoring him, seems to have the right sort of thinking, and maybe Brad could take note as well.

Wans't long ago that Corey mentioned that even Dennis Pagan could not get the best out of Corey.

Just because you are the coach does not mean the coach can get the best out of a player.

I am suggesting that certain players need a really good mentor. Seriously, I would like to see Carey take him on board. (PS: Not opening door for any wise-cracks, be serious with your comments) looking for intelligent input here from mature people.

Goldstein on an ordinary day has just as much output as Daw and a clearly injured Preuss, and allows us to play another midfielder.

Combine that output and the choice is easy to make. He fires today and they both make way for him.
Firstly, his firing today will be determined by the quality of his opposition.

Secondly, whatever he does today does not mean he can/will do the same if back in. regular/consistent firing against quality opposition should get him back in.

He should only come back in if North is desperate.

Not sure why you persist with talking about Todd Goldstein in the Majak Daw thread? There is no doubt a Todd Goldstein thread where you can talk about Todd Goldstein. Am sure you may even find two or three other posters join you in discussing all things Todd Goldstein in the as I already stated Todd Goldstein thread.

Happy for you to join the pertinent discussion of Majak though.:thumbsu:

North needs to find someone who can get the best out of Maj. it is obvious Scott cannot, may Brown could start mentoring him, seems to have the right sort of thinking, and maybe Brad could take note as well.

Wans't long ago that Corey mentioned that even Dennis Pagan could not get the best out of Corey.

Just because you are the coach does not mean the coach can get the best out of a player.

I am suggesting that certain players need a really good mentor. Seriously, I would like to see Carey take him on board. (PS: Not opening door for any wise-cracks, be serious with your comments) looking for intelligent input here from mature people.

Majak needs to find his inner mongrel and only he can do it. He also needs to run, run, run. He can't currently do that and as we have seen with BB he's covering miles a game and his star is subsequently shinning brighter by the week.

Big Preuss has thrown a spanner in Majak's career as previously we had no other ruck back up.

I was at the game yesterday and was watching Maj closely for extended periods to get an idea as to what his running patterns are like. In short, they don't exist. He looks absolutely lost out on the ground and team mates had to regularly give him detailed instructions on how to set up.

The other thing I noticed is that his tank is almost non existent and that he just ambled to the boundary to make rotations - at one point in the last quarter literally the whole bench was yelling at him to hurry the f*** up and get off the ground. When he was on the ground in the last quarter, he spent most of the time with his hands on his hips or knees and struggling to make it to stoppages. He's still far too top heavy to spend any meaningful time on the ball.

His late mark was a ripper, it probably got the loudest roar for the day apart from the final siren.

I was really excited when we drafted him and really hoped that he would evolve into a good solid AFL footballer. Unfortunately, I can't see that happening.

Not sure why you persist with talking about Todd Goldstein in the Majak Daw thread?

It is relevant by way of positional comparison.

Goldsteins return will signal the end of Majaks career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back