Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

Remove this Banner Ad

The coaches love him because he does the team thing first every time. Too bad he is not really up to AFL level. Average pace, not the cleanset at ground level and not a long kick. One thing
some player do need to do is watch him play. Despite his lack of ability he does have a good footy brain and he positions himself well around the ground. If you could tie Edwards ability into his footy brain and team first attitude you would have a super star.

I wonder if he gets games because he sets the example the coaches are looking for. No point selecting a guy who gets 30 touches if they're out there doing their own thing.

It's hard for us on the outside because there is no way we can know about the dozens of other performance indicators clubs undoubtedly set for player.

Let's face it, if we cut him tomorrow no one else would take him, that's almost guaranteed.

Probably not, no.

I know people like to make fun, but two or three years ago, his defensive pressure in the forward line was pretty fun to watch. However it was probably the only real aspect to his game and since his injury/s, he's lost that one ability that held any value at AFL level.

You've always gotta respect a bloke who puts in 100% effort, and I think Kommer does just that. But this is probably the last year he'll ever play AFL footy.

Hi guys didnt know where to ask and thought this may be a thread thats probably getting a bit og traffice and may get an answer

whats happened to Kommer. I enjoyed watching this kid and cant see him on the injured list

Hi guys didnt know where to ask and thought this may be a thread thats probably getting a bit og traffice and may get an answer

whats happened to Kommer. I enjoyed watching this kid and cant see him on the injured list

Had trouble with a bad knee for the last two years, has played some VFL but hasn't found that form from a couple of years ago where he was providing that frantic forward pressure.

Unsure where his career is headed from here to be honest...

He was at my gym (windy hill) this morning. I'm not sure what he was doing there but it looked like he was with a trainer.

Thanks for the info guys, Just remember he was electric at times and took my attention and was just 1 of the players that just stick in your head and was wondering if he was injured or why wasnt getting games. thanks anyway

I'd never have called him electric. He is a tough bugger though.

In any case, I'd say his career at Essendon is drawing to a close. Has plenty of go in him, but not many other tools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's 25 now so you'd hope he'd be over his injuries but it seems not. Stats dont read great either for the 21 AFL games hes played except for 0.6 average goals a game - Ave disposals - 11.1, marks - 3, tackles - 3, goals - 0.6
Loved his endeavor but unless he can start hitting the scoreboard in the reserves regularly (and soon) his time may be up :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back