Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's his last game for Essendon.
We need depth, you can't just cart everyone out the window and defensive forwards don't just grow on trees. May even get a VFL contract, to stay around the club. As he's very, very well liked.
Absolutely it is. He's realistically behind the following next year:

Bellchambers, Parish, Watson, Stanton, Daniher, Z Merrett, Gleeson, Goddard, Francis, Zaharakis, Baguley, Fantasia, Dempsey (who's probably delisted), Hurley, J Merrett, Heppell, Leuenberger, Myers, Bird, Hooker, Brown, Ambrose, Langford, Colyer, Laverde, Hartley, Hocking, Howlett, Gwilt (also probably delisted), McDonald-Tipungwuti, McKernan (also probably delisted), McKenna.

So of the current list (excluding Hibberd, Pears and Cooney) he's at the same level or ahead of:

Ashby, Edwards, Morgan, Redman, Long, Eades, Nyuon, Hams, Wallis.

He's in our bottom 10 players before the trade period.

Absolutely it is. He's realistically behind the following next year:

Bellchambers, Parish, Watson, Stanton, Daniher, Z Merrett, Gleeson, Goddard, Francis, Zaharakis, Baguley, Fantasia, Dempsey (who's probably delisted), Hurley, J Merrett, Heppell, Leuenberger, Myers, Bird, Hooker, Brown, Ambrose, Langford, Colyer, Laverde, Hartley, Hocking, Howlett, Gwilt (also probably delisted), McDonald-Tipungwuti, McKernan (also probably delisted), McKenna.

So of the current list (excluding Hibberd, Pears and Cooney) he's at the same level or ahead of:

Ashby, Edwards, Morgan, Redman, Long, Eades, Nyuon, Hams, Wallis.

He's in our bottom 10 players before the trade period.

Redman, Long, Edwards and Hams have all done more at senior level.

It's not negligible when you said those players are behind Kommer.
The post literally says the same level. I believe them to be at the same level.

Having watched him earlier in the year and in some training vids I feel he is well-loved around the club.

This is a good way to send him off and shows the players the club gives a s**t about them.

With the way North and GC are imploding, it is a good thing to garner player support when you can.

Nicks gonna silences you haters with 7 pressure acts, 3 tackles, no frees for or against, 1 behind and 9 disposals

Barring the frees stat, you pretty much for this spot on!
(9 touches, 2 tackles, 1 behind and 2 frees for!)

Had to be a farewell, surely?

Looked okay a few times but could not get near the ball and was not fit enough to put on the usual chase.

Did one great chase down that ended up in a goal. Had a moment where i thought jeez would be nice if it wasnt his last game.

But hes done. Thanks for the service

As Bruno said did a few good things but others have passed him. Have been a fan of his give all efforts but he was only just AFL level when fully fit 3 years ago. He is not AFL level anymore despite him giving 110% and being a team player.

Perfected the trying hard face without doing anything. Vfl contact why not seems a good bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was decent on the weekend, doubt he stays on the list though.
Always thought he was our 'Steven Morris'
Always looks to be giving 110% but ultimately not AFL standard

I feel sorry for Kommer. he's on a hiding to nowhere. we decided that he was a forward pocket player and he simply isn't. he's a Heath Hocking type minus a bit of ability to read the play. he will never kick 3-4 bags. but his defensive pressure is immense.

you lot have short memories. watch the 2013 game against Freo. he won us the game with his tackling. when Fletcher did it, it was amazing. when Hocko does it, it's brave. but poor old Kommer in the forward pocket is just "making up the numbers".

we had too many good wins in 2013 with him in the side for him to be just a mere passenger. he's a good depth player and someone who can play a role. I reckon Woosha would get the best out of him as he was a similar player. not blessed with talent, but hard as nails.

since we're so bloody concerned with stats this day and age... here's a stat about Kommer: he's only played one game with us this year and he's been part of 33% of our success!

we need hard players. Harvey-esque.

love the Kommer!

Sheeds would have loved him I suspect if he was playing while he was coach as well as what Coldacre said.

Better a player who plays his guts out every week than a show-pony who does something flashy every now and then.

Watching Picken the other night and his unorthodox but effective style made me think of Kommer, and whether he could have got to that sort of level if he'd had an injury free run since 2013. I suspect he could have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back