Delisted #38: Nick Kommer - Delisted - 26/10

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
You're right about a Bird recall, but you're seriously putting too much weight on the effect Kommer had on the game. You must really hate him.
See i really don't get how saying someone profoundly negatively effected a team performance based on giving 6 frees away, stopping a team goal and doing nothing positive, means that i hate him? Why would it? I'm just pointing out facts. I'm not saying anything personally insulting about him. I'm not bagging his potential. I'm not even calling for a delisting at the end of the year. People really need to start identifying the difference between making an assessment on team selection and making a personal attack!

bombadeer

All Australian
Jul 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
There are definitely question marks around Kommer at times. I've been known punctuate his presence with various exclamations (mostly severely lacking, grammatically speaking). I support much of what's said about him, but it needs to come to an end at some point - a full stop if you will, and on that you can quote me.

hurlygurdy

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
There are definitely question marks around Kommer at times. I've been known punctuate his presence with various exclamations (mostly severely lacking, grammatically speaking). I support much of what's said about him, but it needs to come to an end at some point - a full stop if you will, and on that you can quote me.
Utter hyperbole!

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
A lot of talking out of colons ITT

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Kommer was lairising at training a bit last night, just a bit of fun I know, but its something he can't afford to do or he might find his ass in the VFL.

Kommer was lairising at training a bit last night, just a bit of fun I know, but its something he can't afford to do or he might find his ass in the VFL.
Did you see him having many shots at goal?

He played some decent enough footy in 2013, but that is kind of three years ago. Not sure it's that relevant now.

Put simply, I just think he needs to do more to justify holding a place in a senior AFL side- even one in our situation.
Of course he does. But he is coming off two years of injury too

efcboy

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2007
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I find it interesting Kommer had the lateral release done on his knee and is playing afl. I had terrible issues with my knee and the last resort was a lateral release to take the pressure off the patella. It worked getting rid of my pain but it cost me balance. If I'm knocked a certain way there is no stability and I just fall. Surgeon told me only way around it is to build up the vastus medialis muscle to epic proportions like Roberto Carlos. Didn't disagree that you'd need steroids to get the muscle to that proportion.

I've seen Kommer look awkward when twisting and falling to ground easily in tackles. It's not surprising coming off a lateral release. He really should retire - it's all too hard what he's gone through. He's done well to make it back to some extent but his knee won't cope with afl.

Back