Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I absolutely love how much the Blooze defenders misread the flight of the ball by...just watching it sail over their heads thinking 'WTF? Nah, I must be dreaming this'...🤣

Loving the GIF's too, BTW, k31th, awesome work mate! :thumbsu::richmond:
Unbelievable isn’t it , he’s got a leg like a bloody howitzer

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
Could take the odd kickout with his super boot. Short not bad either.

I was surprised to see Vlas doing a lot of the kicking out last week, Short did very little, seems like we're trying to get him on the end of the next chain of possessions.

With the new latitude to play on and gain metreage from kickouts, I'd like to see Balta trying to hit a cluster of talls at CHF, straight up the guts, with our swooping smalls hitting the scraps at full pace. ;)

Unbelievable isn’t it , he’s got a leg like a bloody howitzer

Hehe, at that kind of range maybe 'intercontinental ballistic missile' is the right description! ;)

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
I was surprised to see Vlas doing a lot of the kicking out last week, Short did very little, seems like we're trying to get him on the end of the next chain of possessions.

With the new latitude to play on and gain metreage from kickouts, I'd like to see Balta trying to hit a cluster of talls at CHF, straight up the guts, with our swooping smalls hitting the scraps at full pace. ;)

Hehe, at that kind of range maybe 'intercontinental ballistic missile' is the right description! ;)
Vlastuin has a bullet kick, rarely misses a target as well.

needs to use his big kick more. more like 5-6 times a games rather than twice a month

i splooge every time it happens

Needs to start taking shots whenever hes within 70m

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
Vlastuin has a bullet kick, rarely misses a target as well.

Yep, he's a great kick with a fantastic footy brain, just interesting to see our change of tactics from last season where Short was almost always our designated kicker from behinds.

Hard to take too much out of it from one game, could have been a tactical reason specific to playing Carltoon, but interesting to see how it develops in coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images (40).jpeg

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep, he's a great kick with a fantastic footy brain, just interesting to see our change of tactics from last season where Short was almost always our designated kicker from behinds.

Hard to take too much out of it from one game, could have been a tactical reason specific to playing Carltoon, but interesting to see how it develops in coming weeks.
I hope they have changed tactics because last years Short chips it to the back pocket tries to run past for the off load, if not stationary in the backline for a long kick down the line. Used less as the year went but early on the standard play. Why when you can run 20m and kick it to the wing. Perhaps using Short further up the ground for the offload with this new stationary man on the mark is a greater advantage. Get it down forward asap.

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope they have changed tactics because last years Short chips it to the back pocket tries to run past for the off load, if not stationary in the backline for a long kick down the line. Used less as the year went but early on the standard play. Why when you can run 20m and kick it to the wing. Perhaps using Short further up the ground for the offload with this new stationary man on the mark is a greater advantage. Get it down forward asap.

Yep, that was my assumption, also good to have a diversity of strategies with several blokes implementing them.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Get the Richmond team board. Take one permanent marker. Write the name Noah Balta at full back. Get a new team board after 10 years and put his name on a magnet instead.

But he is kinda great in the middle...

When Soldo comes back he should have a go at ruck-rover. Kouta style

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back