Player Watch #38: Noah Balta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grrr

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought his ruckwork got better as he went along. He got more confident and started jumping at the ball, which translated into getting more of the ball. I would keep in as he will get better for the run. Chol doesn't do a lot more and has had a good spell, and Nank has missed to much football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
All a learning experience this year for the 19 year old colt, There wouldnt be many 19 year old kids expected to perform at this level in the ruck/Defence/Fwd role.

I think both Chol & Balta have shown they have the talent and are worth keeping at this level but need more consistency

Next Game i would be looking at Soldo/Nank Combo

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Changed my tune. Settle him over preseason in one position either forward or back and pinch hit ruck, and then play Nank or Soldo and Chol as the second.

Tradespert

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Isn’t it crazy what a couple of months can change, I feel the majority of us stared the season feeling pretty concerned with our ruck stocks. With it pretty obvious the club wanted to play with two ruckman and our Premiership saviour Grigg’s body being cooked, it really created a fantastic opportunity for Balta to show what his got.

I think it’s fair to say he really impressed a lot of us, his athleticism is absolutely unreal. However with the rise of Soldo, Chol taking massive steps forward and CCJ continuously developing I don’t think Balta will be required to do anything more than pinch hit in the ruck during a game if we’re desperate.

It’s time to give him a position and seriously work on his development. I cannot help but compare his physical attributes to a young Alex Rance. Balta lacks football smarts but that can be improved, I think we should play him exclusively from CHB.

We seriously lack depth for our tall defenders, I think Balta offers us the opportunity to create another star defender!

Top Bottom