Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at last nights game i could see that the Hawks defenders were very concerned about Balta and were always wanting to body him and nulify his presence , With Lynch in the side and freedom for Balta to move up the ground this will give him the freedom to influence games

Really believe that the 3 tall's in Riewoldt/Lynch/Balta will work with Balta spending 50% time foward and 50% mid/Ruck/Wing

He is the perfect 'Bench' player for the tigers

Looking at last nights game i could see that the Hawks defenders were very concerned about Balta and were always wanting to body him and nulify his presence , With Lynch in the side and freedom for Balta to move up the ground this will give him the freedom to influence games

Really believe that the 3 tall's in Riewoldt/Lynch/Balta will work with Balta spending 50% time foward and 50% mid/Ruck/Wing

I agree.

I'll puke if we play Nank and Soldo together.

Forces Nank out of his element most of the game as Soldo can't play forward much. Balta fits much better.

I agree.

I'll puke if we play Nank and Soldo together.

Forces Nank out of his element most of the game as Soldo can't play forward much. Balta fits much better.
Soldo will only play if Nank is injured

Soldo will only play if Nank is injured

God I hope that's the case because Soldo brings nothing other than size, to date at least.

Yeah, Clarko was across that one and we erred playing him deep forward I think.

Balta appears to need room to move, to watch and drift to the ball, then run with it when he has it. One on one he is good, not so good two on one yet. I hope Dimma got something positive from it rather than just seeing a lesser performance than the week before.

His deep forward work against quality backs is work in progress, but he seems learn quickly enough. It's why I think he will still see quite a bit of VFL action this year - rightly or wrongly. Just play him high forward please Dimma or as The Gun said coming off the bench 2 weeks, then a full game at VFL.

Balta did a lot of little things that resulted in goals or a richmond advantage that he wouldnt get the credit for

One particular instance where Jack marks and goals,Balta found himself with 2 defenders 1 was all over him and jacks defener trying to get to jack when Balta bullies him and puts him to ground allowing jack to freely mark the ball.

unbelievable the power this kid has for his age and his tackling remind me of townsend

Balta did a lot of little things that resulted in goals or a richmond advantage that he wouldnt get the credit for

One particular instance where Jack marks and goals,Balta found himself with 2 defenders 1 was all over him and jacks defener trying to get to jack when Balta bullies him and puts him to ground allowing jack to freely mark the ball.

unbelievable the power this kid has for his age and his tackling remind me of townsend
Loved towner's tackling, if Balta's is half as good as T's...:thumbsu: then we have a good 'un!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you guys see his centre clearance in the 3rd quarter. Maybe I am on to something ;)

The hitout after that was great as well

The bounce favoured him but he took advantage and tapped the ball right down Dusty’s throat who was in space

She was the gym teacher at noahs old school st Bernards nothing to see here just like any teacher student reunion

Thanks Gus, great feedback - as you say....

Thanks Gus, great feedback - as you say....
No problem my nephew went to st bernards, he was 2 years above Noah, he told me when she made her debut
That she was the physical ed teacher at st bernards,, and I knew Noah was an old st bernards boy
Put 2 and 2 together and got 4

She was the gym teacher at noahs old school st Bernards nothing to see here just like any teacher student reunion
The female umpire was the physical ed teacher at saint bernards college where Noah went to school

So tell me , None of you boys ever thought about banging the hot Phys ed teacher after you graduate and become an AFL footballer

I must be the only one with dreams

So tell me , None of you boys ever thought about banging the hot Phys ed teacher after you graduate and become an AFL footballer

I must be the only one with dreams

But are they really 'dreams' by the time you manifest them:think::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back