Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I read that quickly and saw "He will snif the ladies and take them with both hands"
190c81e47199da5619c9dd00725fd751

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
His JLT2 was not as exciting as his 2nd quarter in JLT1 but he didnt play a bad game

Balta was plonked at FF/CHF and competed well and the defenders really had their work cut out, He managed to bring the ball to ground and did not get beaten by frawley and even competed with 2 defenders at times. Also gave a chop out to Nank as well as being involved in 3 goals

He did his job well but didnt get the goals himself, Really didnt have a bad game at all
Not a bad game, just didnt impress as such. It was a bit of an unnoticed game.

Hes still in my R1 team I just hope he didn't need another big game to secure his spot.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Hes still in my R1 team I just hope he didn't need another big game to secure his spot.
Not alot of players did in that game , Richmond were absolutely sh!t in the st half and i mean really really sh!t
2nd half we were better and jack got off the leash abit and Balta did play apart in that.

Balta had 3-4 moments where you say wow and can see these things happening more with more game time, Kid is only 19

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
No, because Balta has done nothing at AFL level.

CAN Balta be better than Westhoff? Without a doubt and I hope our expectations are this at a minimum. While Westhoff is a solid player, he never achieved his true potential IMO.

Balta can be much better.
well yes and no. Westoff just won Port's B & F.... but it has taken him 15 years to do it. Let's hope Balta does it this year.... or next.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United

I think with youth it is better for them to go unnoticed than to be noticed for the s**t things they do. So for me, his JLT2 did not take away from his JLT1 all that much. He still did some nice things when he got the ball, so that’s good.

Whether Balta fires or not should not be the difference between us beating Carlton and losing to them anyway, so I think playing him would be a worthwhile thing for him and for us.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Is Balta a better Westoff!?
balta is way more athletic, mobile, explosive than westhoff
balta reminds me of kouta tbh, but can kick it further
Of current players, Balta is very much in the Charlie Curnow mould. Big, strong, mobile and athletic. It's why they are so excited about him and with good reason.

Balta is just a few years behind in development.

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
What's Balta paying for Rising star?
He will play round 1 and if he does we'll enough he will hold his spot for long enough.

Can Balta play 15-18 games this year?
Might as well burn your money.

Sam Walsh is already the media's darling and the only way he doesn't win the rising star is a serious injury or suspension. Should be $1.01.

Was at the South East Tiger Supporter group function at the Wantirna Club on Tuesday night with Noah in attendance (along with Caddy, RCD and Rioli).
I was surprised at how relaxed this kid is. He reminds me so much of Rancey in that he was the life of the party, cracking jokes, great with the kids and the ladies!! Supremely confident young fella he is.
If he gets a sniff in the seniors I'm gonna back him in to take it with both hands...

Was caddys foot amputated yet?

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Might as well burn your money.

Sam Walsh is already the media's darling and the only way he doesn't win the rising star is a serious injury or suspension. Should be $1.01.
Not buying it.
How many times has the pick1 or an early pick gone into the season red hot favourite for Rising Star and not won it.

Not buying it.
How many times has the pick1 or an early pick gone into the season red hot favourite for Rising Star and not won it.

Yeah but Walsh is going to win the Brownlow, norm smith and best coach awards as well according to the media

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
What's Balta paying for Rising star?
He will play round 1 and if he does we'll enough he will hold his spot for long enough.

Can Balta play 15-18 games this year?
I'm hoping they take the opportunity of Caddy & Grigg out and get 4 games into him at the start of the year. And then see how it goes. Playing permanent fwd its hard to excel. But being able to switch into the ruck is a great chance to stay involved in the game. Noah looks comfortable in the ruck. Geez imagine if he went well enough to keep Grigg out

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Of current players, Balta is very much in the Charlie Curnow mould. Big, strong, mobile and athletic. It's why they are so excited about him and with good reason.

Balta is just a few years behind in development.

Makes Curnow look like Adam Pattison in terms of athleticism, and that’s no slight on Curnow it’s how much of a freak Balta is.

The game vs the Dees he looked at Jayden Hunt, who would go close to being the fastest player in the league, and just said you can’t catch me.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Not buying it.

I would say since 2013 only Lewis Taylor stands out as being out of the box.

2013- O’Meara would have gone no.1 but mini draft
2014 - Taylor
2015 - Hogan would have gone 1 but mini draft
2016 - Mills would have gone 1 but Sydney Academy (still first mid taken at 3)
2017 - McGrath went no.1
2018 - Stephenson would have gone higher bar heart condition, although he probably won for pies hype as much as anything.

The hype will be there with Walsh too and he is a mid, which is another advantage. if Blues improve at all it’ll take a magical season from someone else to win it.

Was caddys foot amputated yet?
Ha, not yet!
He said in the Q&A he hopes to be back in the side for Round 3 or 4.
Said docs were concerned that pushing too hard to make it for Round 1 may result in a stress fracture or something along those lines.

Ha, not yet!
He said in the Q&A he hopes to be back in the side for Round 3 or 4.
Said docs were concerned that pushing too hard to make it for Round 1 may result in a stress fracture or something along those lines.

thanks for the info, at least we have some idea of when we can hope to have him back

Back