Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
There's something weird going on here.

Why would Dimma say "He's the closest to Rance, athletically" Then drop him to the magoos? After Rance is out for the year.

He may not have a huge tank yet, but he's quick, has great closing speed. Hard as a cat's head. Is one of our best intercept marks. Has a huge boot. Can play as a defender.

The only answer I can come up with is that Rance is going to intensively school him on positioning and defensive skills while he's in the 2's for a week or 2.

Makes a bit of sense to me, as Rance needed that education early but didn't really get it cos there was no one to teach him.

Don't throw Balta to the wolves, educate and teach, who's better than a 5 x AA to do that job?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Balta back soon in Rances spot.

*edit..........Forgot to say that there's also a 3 x AA centre half back that can also contribute to intensive education

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS

Why would Dimma say "He's the closest to Rance, athletically" Then drop him to the magoos? After Rance is out for the year.

He may not have a huge tank yet, but he's quick, has great closing speed. Hard as a cat's head. Is one of our best intercept marks. Has a huge boot. Can play as a defender.

The only answer I can come up with is that Rance is going to intensively school him on positioning and defensive skills while he's in the 2's for a week or 2.

Makes a bit of sense to me, as Rance needed that education early but didn't really get it cos there was no one to teach him.

Don't throw Balta to the wolves, educate and teach, who's better than a 5 x AA to do that job?

*edit..........Forgot to say that there's also a 3 x AA centre half back that can also contribute to intensive education
Where did you get the idea he's one of our best intercept marks?

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers

After listening to Dimmas presser yesterday, I was convinced Balta would be dropped to VFL level to be further schooled on playing back. Dimma said he had played back last year in the 2’s but could he perform at AFL level. I reckon he’ll be played back in the VFL for a few weeks and will come back in if he performs. As Dimma said, he’s the closest in athletic ability we have to Sir Alex, so should be able to perform? But he’s raw as a player so imo, it’s wise to see him at the lower level first.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Balta is promising but he just isn't ready to play a full game yet. We can't take an unproven player who can only run out half a game into a match against the grand finalists with one of the best and fittest rucks in the league.

Why not? Nobody is suggesting he has to play more than 60% game time on Grundy. A player who can stop Grundy punching the ball into the Ranceless 6,6,6 defensive 50 is worth bringing in even if he only plays half the game.

Back