Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

How is he 19 lmao

FB_IMG_1557753424513.jpg

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m honestly starting to believe he could someone become an onballer.

I think his recent body of work is quiet interesting.

I would even look at Balta and Broad before bringing in a secondary ruck while Nank is out initially.

Could be a Griffiths/Townsend moment in terms of the effectiveness of a different set-up like in 2017

Like Golden State without Durant it is interesting the effectiveness of different combinations that can be big wins!!

Playing Balta and Broad as rucks gives us a lot of flexibility and makes Lynch more effective in terms of reducing any possibility of top heaviness and allowing him to drift more up the ground without impacting the structure. Might give us with more energy especially later in the game and remember we were down two for a lot of the game and did not really tire

Last edited:
I think his recent body of work is quiet interesting.

I would even look at Balta and Broad before bringing in a secondary ruck while Nank is out initially.

Could be a Griffiths/Townsend moment in terms of the effectiveness of a different set-up like in 2017

Like Golden State without Durant it is interesting the effectiveness of different combinations that can be big wins!!

Playing Balta and Broad as rucks gives us a lot of flexibility and makes Lynch more effective in terms of reducing any possibility of top heaviness and allowing him to drift more up the ground without impacting the structure. Might give us with more energy especially later in the game and remember we were down two for a lot of the game and did not really tire

For all that he has a relatively big/mature body, he's still only 19 and playing first ruck week in, week out he'd just be destroyed.

What you suggest might be an option occasionally, but we need a more mature body to cop the pounding most of the time.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Beast mode activated

R485Of2.gif
Fyfe tries for about 3 seconds and realises he is out of the race and gives up. He could have gone harder. Also is that handball from Lambert... Its ******* perfect!

Last edited:
Let’s just get him to 100 games
Look at the bloke we going to have about 47 father son players in about 20 years just from him alone

59Stanley

Club Legend
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
History will tell that this kid is an absolute steal from his draft year. His traits are incredible and perhaps he could be like a Kreuzer, S Martin, Kouta, Cripps type player whereby he is a ruck and rover. Difference is that Balta can kick like a mule in a coordinated fashion unlike those other blokes. We have a live one here and the club is just not giving it much airtime because I think he has a bit of ego and they want to temper it (fact) but the club reckon he is an absolute gun !

Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
at the time of the draft was discussing with people who out of the talls available could become a bont type . The one name that kepy coming up was balta due mainly to the fact that in addition to playing key position at lower levels he did spend time on ball in a ruck/ruck rover role

at the time of the draft was discussing with people who out of the talls available could become a bont type . The one name that kepy coming up was balta due mainly to the fact that in addition to playing key position at lower levels he did spend time on ball in a ruck/ruck rover role

His game on the weekend confirmed this for me

His follow up work after contesting in the ruck was amazing, he didnt always get a touch but he applied pressure and laid some big tackles. One that sticks out is a centre bounce that Mundy looked like he was going to shark easily, ended with Balta coming through and laying him out hard which caused a turnover and we scored (i believe).

Id love to see him actually get midfield mins here and there.

chriso11

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta is going to be a joy to watch. Tall strong player with a huge leap, great agility, aggressive mindset and a massive boot. Few times last week he had ball in hand and I thought here we go 80m pass to forward line. Balta is very raw but with experience and some
Poise he could really be anything. Don’t want to have too high expectations but I think he’ll be a superstar

Back