Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Beast mode activated

R485Of2.gif
The length of his stride is extraordinary

This kid is awesome to watch!

Not many players in the AFL like that these days however he’s one that’s going to keep me going to the footy for a few more years at the very least.

He’s so much fun to watch! You never know what he’s going to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

History will tell that this kid is an absolute steal from his draft year. His traits are incredible and perhaps he could be like a Kreuzer, S Martin, Kouta, Cripps type player whereby he is a ruck and rover. Difference is that Balta can kick like a mule in a coordinated fashion unlike those other blokes. We have a live one here and the club is just not giving it much airtime because I think he has a bit of ego and they want to temper it (fact) but the club reckon he is an absolute gun !
Oh no.
Not another drafting steal.
Watch Wankley push to have us banned on draft night.

Oh no.
Not another drafting steal.
Watch Wankley push to have us banned on draft night.
The talent some of these kids are showing I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried it. Lol

Yes most clubs grab a draft steal here and there and yes it’s still early but we look to be raking in the draft steals.

Our recruitment and talent spotters are first rate it seems.

And our development team needs a medal!

The talent some of these kids are showing I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried it. Lol

Yes most clubs grab a draft steal here and there and yes it’s still early but we look to be raking in the draft steals.

I wonder how much is in the head? I simply mean that we are giving kids an earlier crack at it too because we have to. Is that opportunity creating a confidence, an excitement, a healthy rivalry internally. I know the spotters have to tick boxes, and the development team has to knock off the rough edges and encourage the polish, but we are also seeing unadulterated flair, the unteachable stuff spring to life too. I always found when playing that to be "in the moment" was the best place to be so as to recognise the next moment........ Playing teaches you more than anyone can ever tell you, and when you play with really gifted players, you learn so much more, faster!

Last edited:

If only we couldn't see the light alot earlier the benefits of spending money on the football department.

I wonder how much is in the head? I simply mean that we are giving kids an earlier crack at it too because we have to. Is that opportunity creating a confidence, an excitement, a healthy rivalry internally. I know the spotters have to tick boxes, and the development team has to knock off the rough edges and encourage the polish, but we are also seeing unadulterated flair, the unteachable stuff spring to life too. To be in the moment is the best place to recognise the next moment........
Fair bit is in the head.Prior too 17 every shot for goal or mark in defence always felt like we were kicking with lead feet due to the pressure not to stuff up.
Since the 16 internal we have turned into a list full of Bravehearts (freedom).

That word is getting thrown around a lot these days.

Nank is a good player, he just needs more help (i.e. not Grigg). Not a great tap ruckman but a competitive beast and good around the ground, getting back and helping in defense etc.
Agree and I’m glad you’ve raised this.
We will kill Balta if we played him like Nakkers for two seasons.
Nankervis has been legendary playing as a sole big ruckman and big bodied midfielder. It was only a matter of time before his body was going to pack up and the signs were there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back