Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind his simple game, I don’t mind him taking the game on and kicking 60mtrs, he would offer another dynamic to our game that we could use. Broad is a seasoned defender and Balta is not ready to replace him on pure defensive skills yet, but his upside is really special. So could balance out. Selectors be brave and play the lad
As much as I would love it, it would take a brave person to drop Broad for Balta. Whilst Broad can't do the things Balta can, Broad has been solid down back with the odd error here and there. Plus that thing they keep talking about, Connection.

I've seen enough.
Balta replaces Broad.

In all fairness our back 6 won't change unless injury or suspension happens. It's a shame we want him as a back as that 2nd ruck spot is up for grabs and Chol hasn't done well the last 2 week's.
Balta just has that something that could open up a game for us come finals time.
I'd like to see how Nank & Soldo go. Soldo is starting to be quite effective both in the ruck contests and around the ground. And he uses his height to advantage. Balta still looks like a big midfielder/back up ruck to me. (Which we could do with next year.)

Because he can ruck he offers us a lot, I’d play him on the wing and basically take Riolis position. That means we can place Nankervis back for extra market power when needed, and we will need that vs WC.

Super Beast activated (you could reasonably say that for each bounce that would be nearly 10ms gained) speechless.

jGNCtVz.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super Beast activated (you could reasonably say that for each bounce that would be nearly 10ms gained) speechless.

jGNCtVz.gif
8/8/6 steps between each bounce, his stride alone is 1500mm+, reckon he covered 12m easily, probably closer to 13m. You know what was the real pity in the vision (and I'm getting greedy🐷🐷), he didn't step inside the the bumping player who telegraphed a long way out that was his likely intention. Could have been so much more (oink oink)

I've seen enough.
Balta replaces Broad.

In all fairness our back 6 won't change unless injury or suspension happens. It's a shame we want him as a back as that 2nd ruck spot is up for grabs and Chol hasn't done well the last 2 week's.
Balta just has that something that could open up a game for us come finals time.
Not yet hasn't the smarts for mine yet.

As much as I would love it, it would take a brave person to drop Broad for Balta. Whilst Broad can't do the things Balta can, Broad has been solid down back with the odd error here and there. Plus that thing they keep talking about, Connection.
I think Balta into Broads role might be the way to go but not this year. He needs to smarten up on defensive play and decision making.
Giving him that 3rd tall role down back makes more sense than throwing him in the deep end and expecting him to play Astbury’s role.

I think Balta into Broads role might be the way to go but not this year. He needs to smarten up on defensive play and decision making.
Giving him that 3rd tall role down back makes more sense than throwing him in the deep end and expecting him to play Astbury’s role.
He should be ready by the time Astbury retires which i think is at the end of next year.IMO.

He is ready now, and even more ready next year. You can't hold a player like that back. Like a young Richo, the more games you get into them the better. Thought he needed to go back to the VFL because he was thrown all over the place and didn't have a real idea of what he is or what he was doing in the end. But he's shown good form down back and with another pre-season to learn of Rance and co. he will be more than ready next season.

He should be ready by the time Astbury retires which i think is at the end of next year.IMO.
Do you mean ready for Dave’s role start of 2021?

I reckon he’ll play next year but not in that kpb role. He has the size and athleticism but not the footy smarts (yet). If not the 3rd tall back then further up the ground as some hybrid mid/wing/forward.... ahh who knows with this guy could end up anywhere on the ground

Do you mean ready for Dave’s role start of 2021?

I reckon he’ll play next year but not in that kpb role. He has the size and athleticism but not the footy smarts (yet). If not the 3rd tall back then further up the ground as some hybrid mid/wing/forward.... ahh who knows with this guy could end up anywhere on the ground
Maybe the footy smarts will take a bit longer than some, but you have to offset that with what he can do. That run up the ground in the VFL last weekend, a great spoil when he was out of position, the booming kick etc I reckon will create more than negate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back