Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke trained fully this week. Just about ready to play some VFL minutes this week I think. At I guess I'd say him and Stack might play half each as mid/forwards.

If Cumbo can start to do what he did in his highlights video in the VFL he could come into calculations as a pressure forward later in the year. Was drafted ahead of Martyn and Ralphsmith, so the club clearly rates him.

Watched the game yesterday and it was this guy that got us back into it after HT when Collingwood was looking like kicking away. Could have easily had 7 goals on the day. But 5 goals, 19 touches and 5 tackles is a great day at the office. Has some real pig in him too. Honestly think he could be the long term answer as our small forward given I have put a line through Aarts and Castagna has gone backwards

Watched the game yesterday and it was this guy that got us back into it after HT when Collingwood was looking like kicking away. Could have easily had 7 goals on the day. But 5 goals, 19 touches and 5 tackles is a great day at the office. Has some real pig in him too. Honestly think he could be the long term answer as our small forward given I have put a line through Aarts and Castagna has gone backwards

Yeah, I thought he was very good too and should be given an opportunity soon. There is certainly enough to work with, good skills and seems an absolute competitor. Couldn't be worse than the two mentioned who need to be made to fight for their spots. It's mindboggling that both have played every game this season despite some really poor form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noah Cumberland (Richmond)

“Tim Batty looks after Noah and Tim’s having constant conversations with Blair (Hartley) and the Richmond footy club.

“Noah’s been really impressive in the back-half of this year. We hope that he gets another opportunity at Richmond.

“We’d like to think there’s going to be an opportunity there, other clubs have inquired, but we’re just trying to keep dialogue open with Richmond to see where that lands over the next week.”

“Tim Batty looks after Noah and Tim’s having constant conversations with Blair (Hartley) and the Richmond footy club.

“Noah’s been really impressive in the back-half of this year. We hope that he gets another opportunity at Richmond.

“We’d like to think there’s going to be an opportunity there, other clubs have inquired, but we’re just trying to keep dialogue open with Richmond to see where that lands over the next week.”
Surely we keep him on?

I’d be a bit disappointed if we let him go without giving him a proper run at AFL level.

Surely we keep him on?

I’d be a bit disappointed if we let him go without giving him a proper run at AFL level.

I'm with ya! I really rate Noah, looked dangerous at times up forward in the ressies. Only 20, not saying he is going to be a Bayley Fritsch type but he can play tall and is a pretty straight kick at goal.

Surely we keep him on?

I'd be amazed. How much more impressive can a young kid coming of a reco be. I would bet the left one that he is the the player that comes out of box next season and cements his position. He can mark the ball, is very quick and aggressive. Surely this is not serious.

Lol wtf are we doing!? We finally look like we've got a small/med forward that is actually offensively dangerous and we hang him out to dry?

I'm with ya! I really rate Noah, looked dangerous at times up forward in the ressies. Only 20, not saying he is going to be a Bayley Fritsch type but he can play tall and is a pretty straight kick at goal.
I'd be amazed. How much more impressive can a young kid coming of a reco be. I would bet the left one that he is the the player that comes out of box next season and cements his position. He can mark the ball, is very quick and aggressive. Surely this is not serious.
I agree with both of you. I felt like he really broke out in his last two games against decent VFL sides, scoring 8 (5.3) scoring shots and 5 (3.2) scoring shots. Think that this is something he can really build on next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back