AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke definitely good in theory.

Just a shame that no one watched him play to understand the reality before signing him.

As mentioned above it boggles the mind that he played 2 games befor Draper did his knee including at least 1 with TBC.

At a time where are clearing out every role to build a department to do the coaches job for him, lets not forget how bad Worsfold's judgment has been and how much of a handbrake he has been on the development of the team in his first two seasons.

You want depth, a good way to develop it is to play your talented players in 2018 and 2019 when the team's brand is not a finals brand and everyone outside the club seems to know it.
Posters often comment on seeing the first graders at the VFL. Does John actually go and watch them himself? I don't think I've ever seen a comment saying he was spotted there.

Speculation about their ruck setup.
"The ruck market could be turbulent this off-season with Paddy Ryder, Sam Jacobs and Wylie Buzza all off contract and speculation about the future of Fremantle’s ruck set up."

I don't know what or how much water needs to go under the bridge to get Ryder back. Or if he's worth it in the grand scheme of things

If Lobb/Darcy became available - i'd be keen. Particularly Lobb, because he's a decent forward target too and i can see both Draper and Lobb in the same team.

Do you realise that if Darcy is available he would be first ruck.

Is that a record contract length for a zero gamer?

Still can't believe he didn't debut in round 3 when we gifted Clarke games. FFS

VFL had a bye first round then round 2 Draper had his arse handed to him on a platter by the great North reserves ruckman Tom Campbell.

VFL had a bye first round then round 2 Draper had his arse handed to him on a platter by the great North reserves ruckman Tom Campbell.
VFL had practice matches round 1 and 2 (season starts round 3), round 1 vfl played Frankston at home, the week we gave Clarke his first game. Then round 2 was a bye and then round 3 it was against Campbell. But let's go with your version :)

VFL had practice matches round 1 and 2 (season starts round 3), round 1 vfl played Frankston at home, the week we gave Clarke his first game. Then round 2 was a bye and then round 3 it was against Campbell. But let's go with your version :)

Well if he couldn’t beat Campbell 2 weeks later, not sure he would have fared too well against Gawn. Clarke actually did ok that week in centre bounces, so probably right decision. Must have performed better pre season.

He was in good touch early, woosha’s worst mistake was playing Clarke ahead of him when we had the chance to play him

He had two best on's in the first 6 weeks and some poor performances.

He had one poor performance
Was destroyed against North. Was getting beaten by Abbott/Smith before he went off against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t count the Geelong game, didn’t even play a half

He didn’t win against north but was hardly destroyed
Was injured with a few minutes left before HT.

Maybe excessive but Campbell was excellent despite what surrounded him.

Posters often comment on seeing the first graders at the VFL. Does John actually go and watch them himself? I don't think I've ever seen a comment saying he was spotted there.
Have seen him at a few games. Sat next to him at the Coburg game and a couple of th Windy Hill games.

He's there when not on the same day or interstate. He was there Sunday.

Does he give much away?
Nothing. We both said hello and then pretty much sat and watched the game and took a few notes. I suppose he did not mind sitting next to me because I did not annoy him with questions :)

He's at $432 with a target of $1000 already. Maybe should've had a bigger target haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back