Rookie 38. Sam Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good pick. Desperately needed a ready to go key defender (I would’ve picked two talls personally). Long term, his skinny frame and foot skills suggest he’ll be more suited to a third tall defender, an intercept marker that’ll provide good rebound and we’ll probably need a good one soon with question marks over the durability of Marchbank, Parks and McGovern while Plowman is more of a half back.

All the best Sam Durdin

Heard he was a bit laconic when at North...hopefully given it's his 2nd chance he's not like that anymore. And our coaches/players may instil a bit more mongrel in him...I feel like Young's gotten tougher the longer he's with us.

Would be awesome if he was like Sam Taylor/Sam Collins...I love watching those guys play, they are such competitors who clearly hate to lose. Taylor did an outstanding job on Charlie a few weeks ago...never gave up on any ball and got a late fist in so many times.

Healthy key defender? Nice!

Haha noticed Austin mentioning this about Durdin:

"He has barely missed a game since going back to South Australia and he’s performed to a really high standard in a quality competition."

It's kind of an odd thing to specifically point out, so I think he has durability as a big consideration.

"He has barely missed a game since going back to South Australia and he’s performed to a really high standard in a quality competition."

It's kind of an odd thing to specifically point out, so I think he has durability as a big consideration.

An important factor for us, no doubt!

Hopefully the increase in training/match loads is well tolerated from a body stress perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Austin obviously doesn’t stress about putting the mozz on someone 😃

I'll take "he's regularly playing back to back games" at this stage..........

Welcome Sam. If you're into a bit of stirring, please pretend to limp onto the ground for your debut in navy blue. You'll look great in the best jumper in the world. All the best.

Heard he was a bit laconic when at North...hopefully given it's his 2nd chance he's not like that anymore. And our coaches/players may instil a bit more mongrel in him...I feel like Young's gotten tougher the longer he's with us.

Maybe he can be our reverse Jarrod Waite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome another member of project mayhem a.k.a. CFC.

"Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

If being delisted by North qualifies as disaster, then may starring for Carlton be his great resurrection.

This post hints of him leaving the North lane and taking refuge at the Blues.

Will be a huge challenge for him to step straight back in to the big time and play on elite big men. But realistic expectations are just to halve contests and be a presence. Clearly has AFL size and raw talent, so hopefully can fill a need for us for a month. We’ve got a strong side around him, so he doesn’t need to carry the can, just do his bit. Welcome Durds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back