Rookie 38. Sam Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

What a strange post.:rolleyes:
Then I noticed who he followed......

I like to bash essendon supporters as much as the next person... But RedmanWasHere is one of the good ones.

Very knowledgeable about footy history and not a s**t stirrer at at all. Pops up on the Carlton board quite a bit, usually with very interesting contributions.

I'd be happy to adopt Redman and Doss as Carlton supporters. The rest of em need to be 'Shawshanked'; sprayed with that delousing s**t and then locked up... And no Rita Hayworth posters!

I still can’t believe that BT prophesied the coming of S. Durds. That’s some Illuminati s**t right there!

I can't believe he got them mixed up.

I mean Bryan Naylor used to be a respected newsreader...

:p

Last edited:
“Why would parents give the same name to two of their sons?“

BT, when he realises that Carlton selected Sam Durdin last night and he’s been watching Sam Durdin play for Carlton all year.

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude, but I think this was a good pickup.

His confidence was shot at North and we just never got to see his contested marking break through. Not that he didn't get his hands to them.

He had a stretch of games in the back end of 2019 where he looked very solid. Then couldn't break into the side and was delisted during the shitshow of 2020.

He looks laconic, which makes him prime whipping boy material, so try not to fall into that habit. I reckon with a run of games he'll prove a pretty handy 1-2 defensive combo with Weitering.

Looks like he's never stepped into a gym. Will be intresting to see how his body handles the step-up..

Very confident in his interview, almost too confident at times.

Fills the need perfectly.

Fingers crossed, will be an intresting debut.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I think what's interesting with Sam's background is that he was initially drafted based on his potential. He had all the athletic tools necessary to be an AFL player but almost none of the actual performances you would expect from a first round pick. Playing in the AFL is a very hard place to learn to dominate, you almost get trained into being a deferential role player, always letting higher profile teammates get the glory.

I think going back to the SANFL and being the big fish who is expected to take the pack marks when the game is on the line is a necessary foundational experience for being a proficient AFL key defender. There is so much pressure associated with every play in the AFL, every moment you're involved in the game can feel like the last five minutes of a tight game at a lower level when you're getting started, and now he has proven to himself that he can step up in those moments.

I'm hopeful that he'll acquit himself much better than in his time at the Roos. Good luck Sam!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to bash essendon supporters as much as the next person... But RedmanWasHere is one of the good ones.

Very knowledgeable about footy history and not a s**t stirrer at at all. Pops up on the Carlton board quite a bit, usually with very interesting contributions.

I'd be happy to adopt Redman and Doss as Carlton supporters. The rest of em need to be 'Shawshanked'; sprayed with that delousing s**t and then locked up... And no Rita Hayworth posters!
both are good eggs

In fact we may have offered Doss amnesty to change his allegiance on more than one occasion.

Could we play Weitering, Young and Durdin in the same backline or is that too tall?

Absolutely.

If Durdin proves to be best 22 then this is Weitering's dreams realized.

For the first time in his career we'll be able to utilize his greatest attributes as the weapons they could be.

Look at how Melbourne play May, Petty, and Lever and you have your prototype. Sure, May is only 193cm but plays much bigger.

Sorry to intrude, but I think this was a good pickup.

His confidence was shot at North and we just never got to see his contested marking break through. Not that he didn't get his hands to them.

He had a stretch of games in the back end of 2019 where he looked very solid. Then couldn't break into the side and was delisted during the shitshow of 2020.

He looks laconic, which makes him prime whipping boy material, so try not to fall into that habit. I reckon with a run of games he'll prove a pretty handy 1-2 defensive combo with Weitering.

Well he will have to replace Weiters short term. The 1-2 combo will be with Young.

Good write up though, I’ve heard similar from other north supporters, he was a victim of the club purge of 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back