Player Watch #38: Steven Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see any of the game. He was in the forward pocket?:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
He did go to Betts a number of times - in fact I was confused how he was used.

Also, we had absolutely no right to be bombing the ball in long with all that opposition tall timber down there. Picked off every time it seems. If it was mayhem we wanted down there, should have lowered the eyes. Couldn't have been any worse if we kicked it along the ground end over.......

He did go to Betts a number of times - in fact I was confused how he was used.

Also, we had absolutely no right to be bombing the ball in long with all that opposition tall timber down there. Picked off every time it seems. If it was mayhem we wanted down there, should have lowered the eyes. Couldn't have been any worse if we kicked it along the ground end over.......

True.
Baffling.
At least Elton would've stopped those easy marks. Wtf would you bomb it long to a 5ft8 in a 1v2?

True.
Baffling.
At least Elton would've stopped those easy marks. Wtf would you bomb it long to a 5ft8 in a 1v2?
Yep, am very tempted to watch the game again and count the number of times we bombed it in - but not sure I could handle it to be honest. Plus I have some paint I need to watch dry first.

I've been quite ferocious at Hardwick over the years, but I was quite pleased and impressed with the change in direction of our club and it's methods this year.

Then they picked Morris...
A lot of changes have occurred around Dimma, we shouldn't expect all these changes to be a result of a paradigm shift.

Just an utterly bemusing selection.
If he was selected with the intention of playing a lock down role on Betts then I'd almost be willing to accept it.
Then I see him in the forward 50, and I think to myself, what's the thought process? We already have three absurdly quick smalls in that forward 50, there's no need to add Morris to that mix.

Happy that he recovered from his ACL, but I never want to see him play in the seniors again. I don't care about father/son, I don't care that he shows more heart and love for the football club than anyone else.
He is a poor player and he needs to stay in the VFL and then subsequently be delisted.
You know what the worst thing is? I wouldn't be surprised if he holds his spot. That's the scary part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was selected with the intention of playing a lock down role on Betts then I'd almost be willing to accept it.
Then I see him in the forward 50, and I think to myself, what's the thought process? We already have three absurdly quick smalls in that forward 50, there's no need to add Morris to that mix.

Happy that he recovered from his ACL, but I never want to see him play in the seniors again. I don't care about father/son, I don't care that he shows more heart and love for the football club than anyone else.
He is a poor player and he needs to stay in the VFL and then subsequently be delisted.
You know what the worst thing is? I wouldn't be surprised if he holds his spot. That's the scary part.

Haha, this is where I'm at. The ride of the sports fan!

At least we have a week to come to terms with the fact he will play again this week. :eek:

When i saw Morris in the forward line I thought he was going to lock down on one of their half backs to stop their sling shot rebounding - but sadly if that was indeed the intent, the idea didn't get out of first gear

I like morris - but he is a serviceable back pocket at best, VFL list clogger at worst. Can't fathom while he was played against the crows if not to lock down on Betts

When i saw Morris in the forward line I thought he was going to lock down on one of their half backs to stop their sling shot rebounding - but sadly if that was indeed the intent, the idea didn't get out of first gear

I like morris - but he is a serviceable back pocket at best, VFL list clogger at worst. Can't fathom while he was played against the crows if not to lock down on Betts
This +1
Can only think he was going to 'fwd pressure' on Laird which either didn't work (badly) or had to change quicker than Bolt

I've been quite ferocious at Hardwick over the years, but I was quite pleased and impressed with the change in direction of our club and it's methods this year.

Then they picked Morris...
That's the two steps back to go forward again, I see hardwick is tormented by yesterday's game, just like he was tormented by the loss to gc in cairns, and the loss to that team that finished 9 th

The scary thing is that i have been keeping an eye on the VFL reports and Miles.. Lloyd and Lennon all get mentions each week.. cant say ever remember reading Morris as a player in our best. I almost cried when he kicked it out of bounds when he was 40m out from goal.

Dimma... please..please... pick Miles this week..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back