Player Watch #38: Steven Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Baffling decision to pick him.

It's like he's a bad ex-girlfriend, or a dodgy curry to Dimma. Spends enough time away from him and for some reason fond memories of times gone past enter his head and he wants to reignite the flame. And the minute you do, all the horrors come flooding back and you remember why you sacked them in the first place.

Please make this time permanent. It's over.

Baffling decision to pick him.

It's like he's a bad ex-girlfriend, or a dodgy curry to Dimma. Spends enough time away from him and for some reason fond memories of times gone past enter his head and he wants to reignite the flame. And the minute you do, all the horrors come flooding back and you remember why you sacked them in the first place.

Please make this time permanent. It's over.
Wasn't it. Saw he'd been selected and thought it was odd, but figured he would play on betts. I thought surely they've learnt from the forward experiment that he can't do anything else.

I was mistaken.

experiment failed and should be over, whoever came up with the idea should be sacked

stengle or Bolton would have applied more pressure and more offence

at worst we would have gotten a game into a kid
Well who to blame from the last time this was tried?

Assistants.....nope all new
Head coach......common denominator

I guess we could pin the blame on Peggy

He has had a knee reco
They should have gave him a brain reco at the same time. Dumb useless footballer. I thought we were finally starting to move forward with some youth and then we bring back this hack. Club never learns and repeats the same mistakes over and over. He was crap before he did his knee and should have been paid out and moved on. Has had his chances and failed.

They should have gave him a brain reco at the same time. Dumb useless footballer. I thought we were finally starting to move forward with some youth and then we bring back this hack. Club never learns and repeats the same mistakes over and over. He was crap before he did his knee and should have been paid out and moved on. Has had his chances and failed.
Agree with everything except brain reco. It's not his fault he's on our list and that DH and co keep gifting him games.
It was such an incompetent decision and beyond belief the FD made it . He's a below ten possi player with a high clanger rate.

Gotta love the short sightedness with some. A few wins on the board and people act like there is nothing wrong.Whats even funnier people think a few wins will change peoples opinion. There has been lots of debate on my behalf on this site about it not being about win loss column but other imo more important kpi's that will determine if anything is sustainable. Where the hell have you been bud when those debates have happened .

Seems to me we have been here a few times before with this coach and yes if we are revisting blokes like Morris then he is indeed dim witted.
This just for a couple of pot stirers.
Seems DH Was indeed dim witted.
Yep with this coach at the helm we continually revisit things that should have been cut out of the club yrs ago_Oh but wait we are 5 -1 and have been playing champagne footy all yr.:rolleyes:

I doubt there is a single Richmond supporter, or an other supporter except his grandmother who thought it a good idea to bring in Morris, maybe not even her. A bit like playing without a CHF. Maybe Hardwick still has too much say at team selection, baffling and lets hope they've learnt that skill and structures are still the most important part of a footy side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep with this coach at the helm we continually revisit things that should have been cut out of the club yrs ago_Oh but wait we are 5 -1 and have been playing champagne footy all yr.:rolleyes:
Caracella was on annual leave last week. We will be right. ;)

I doubt there is a single Richmond supporter, or an other supporter except his grandmother who thought it a good idea to bring in Morris, maybe not even her. A bit like playing without a CHF. Maybe Hardwick still has too much say at team selection, baffling and lets hope they've learnt that skill and structures are still the most important part of a footy side.
There is no way even his grandma would believe he deserved a game.

Was a stupid, poorly timed decision to bring him back. I think he has been a bit harshly treated by a lot on here. He was playing decent footy last year before his knee when they finally put him back in the only position he should ever be played, at any level. Defence. In the only VFL match I saw him in, he played very well. But there was NO spot in defence for him! Our back 6 was settled. They brought him in as some kind of weird utility player.

This is 100% the match committee's fault. He should have been left to smash the door down or wait for an injury or a drop in form to get a chance. Instead he was brought into the team when there wasn't really a spot for him.

Was a stupid, poorly timed decision to bring him back. I think he has been a bit harshly treated by a lot on here. He was playing decent footy last year before his knee when they finally put him back in the only position he should ever be played, at any level. Defence. In the only VFL match I saw him in, he played very well. But there was NO spot in defence for him! Our back 6 was settled. They brought him in as some kind of weird utility player.

This is 100% the match committee's fault. He should have been left to smash the door down or wait for an injury or a drop in form to get a chance. Instead he was brought into the team when there wasn't really a spot for him.
Yes he was playing half decent footy, but even his best is just good enough. Everyone knows that coming back from knee reco's takes more than two games of reserve football, one where we absolutely pumped the opposition, to get back to where you left off. I wonder if they will have the guts to drop him this week, they have to in fact because we are a developing side, and we need to keep developing our young players irrespective on wins and losses, because this season is needed to set us up for a decent tilt next year in reality. (If all things go well).

How strong did our player depth become in five weeks :p
And Moris was part of that depth!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back