#38 - Tim Smith (R) - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on him for getting the most out of himself but... really Melbourne... surely this guy is not the answer

He was never meant to be the answer really. Just back up because Pedo was finished (and Hogan possibly leaving).

Now we have Weid, Petty and Preuss coming through he's not really required.

Man gives up AFL football to pursue plumbing passion. Not something you'd read often, I reckon.
Can’t blame him. Great money in plumbing and I imagine raising a family on a rookie salary wouldn’t be fun... especially with injuries stopping you from topping up with match payments.

Anyone know if he’s a good plumber? They’re rare as hens’ teeth these days.

Man gives up AFL football to pursue plumbing passion. Not something you'd read often, I reckon.
There would be less sh** to deal with in plumbing than play for the Dees

Wasnt there a Collingwood player that did it a few years back?

Dunno. I do remember old mate Tom Swift at West Coast pulling the pin to become a doctor. Clearly that bloke has no hope or ambition in life.

tbh plumbing probably pays more than an AFL rookie contract

Loved Tim ‘Bull’ Smith. Absolutely loved him. Just an old throw back forward. Big, strong, hit packs with considerable effort, very uncomplicated FF. Can see him going to play local footy for an EFL team, getting looked after as a plumber, plonking his huge hind quarters in the square and kicking 6 every week then pulling 5 tins post game telling yarns with the boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even more reason to make the most of it, then?
Don’t know if he was likely to add to his lofty total of 13 games. I suspect just being on the list being paid half of what he’d make as a plumber wasn’t appealing enough.

Loved Tim ‘Bull’ Smith. Absolutely loved him. Just an old throw back forward. Big, strong, hit packs with considerable effort, very uncomplicated FF. Can see him going to play local footy for an EFL team, getting looked after as a plumber, plonking his huge hind quarters in the square and kicking 6 every week then pulling 5 tins post game telling yarns with the boys.
I liked him. Though his eyebrows reminded me of Tyson’s a bit.

Did you locate your possum btw? I’ve discovered we have a ringtail living out the back. But he isn’t making a home in the roof or anything so I figure we can get on as neighbors

I liked him. Though his eyebrows reminded me of Tyson’s a bit.

Did you locate your possum btw? I’ve discovered we have a ringtail living out the back. But he isn’t making a home in the roof or anything so I figure we can get on as neighbors
Haven’t had time to find him. I’d say there’s a few. I actually haven’t heard him as much lately. We have an older house, period home, so there’s definitely some spaces around for them to access.

I think if the ringtail is keeping low key you can get on. We have a lot of possums around our area.

Haven’t had time to find him. I’d say there’s a few. I actually haven’t heard him as much lately. We have an older house, period home, so there’s definitely some spaces around for them to access.

I think if the ringtail is keeping low key you can get on. We have a lot of possums around our area.

We have heaps too, and a flat colourbond roof, some nights i swear we host the neighborhood possum Olympics up there, seems to be plenty of trash talking aswell.

Have you found the place they get in? Apparently one woke my daughter up the other night, scratching around.
They don't get in, because its a flat roof and there is no places for them to enter but they happily run up and down it to get from one tree to another.

That would be terrifying for a kid.

They don't get in, because its a flat roof and there is no places for them to enter but they happily run up and down it to get from one tree to another.

That would be terrifying for a kid.
Ah on top! Yeah that’d would be frustrating! Oh she was ok, she knows what they are and that they’re up there.

We have heaps too, and a flat colourbond roof, some nights i swear we host the neighborhood possum Olympics up there, seems to be plenty of trash talking aswell.
The Olympics? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Been a while since I competed.

Agreed. Really disappointed we couldn't get more from him and his body, wish him all the very best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back