Remove this Banner Ad

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He's an important factor with this list now.

I suspect he will be a consistent addition in the AFL side in 2021.

We'll need a big enforcer.
I've been saying the same thing. I know he's raw but I would rather have him in as many games as I could than J. Walker. Just think he's more important long term.

He's an important factor with this list now.

I suspect he will be a consistent addition in the AFL side in 2021.

We'll need a big enforcer.

He showed his intent last season, tackle hard , awkward arms and use his size.
Even though Tristan is young he will be vital to put retribution on those who go after the young guns

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can't have him best 22 at the moment.

I like him but he is too slow and immobile to play KPF permanently.

If Goldstein wasn't such an aerobic beast I'd be happy to play two rucks but it's a waste of a spot in our situation imo.

21y.o. will hit 22 as the season starts. It's still early. Endurance and strength will continue to improve over next couple of years. I know he hasn't held his marks consistently, but it seemed to me he was just a bees dick off clunking them......

If big guys take time then Tristan is tracking ahead of time

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
21y.o. will hit 22 as the season starts. It's still early. Endurance and strength will continue to improve over next couple of years. I know he hasn't held his marks consistently, but it seemed to me he was just a bees dick off clunking them......

If he does start marking then sure. But he can't keep spilling them unless we have crumbers (we haven't - this may change with our recruits).

I'm happy for X to play I just think extra run is the priority assuming Larkey is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tristan seems to be the guy that everybody likes and admires “how he goes about it” but nobody really expects him to amount to anything. Josh Walker is in a similar situation. However, Josh Walker has a much larger/longer body of work behind him for us to base our assessment on. Hopefully, Xerri can prove most of us wrong. If he can, there’s serious upside for the team right there.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Tristan seems to be the guy that everybody likes and admires “how he goes about it” but nobody really expects him to amount to anything. Josh Walker is in a similar situation. However, Josh Walker has a much larger/longer body of work behind him for us to base our assessment on. Hopefully, Xerri can prove most of us wrong. If he can, there’s serious upside for the team right there.

He's a 21 year old ruckman.

Trust the good judges mate.

Re Goldstein 2008:

1612332223436.png

Re Brad Moran 2008:

1612332290910.png

1612332332985.png

He's a 21 year old ruckman.

Trust the good judges mate.

Re Goldstein 2008:

View attachment 1050586

Re Brad Moran 2008:

View attachment 1050587

View attachment 1050588

🤣The biggest takeaway I got from that was that you once used the word “scallywag” to put somebody down! Nevertheless, you were still red carded! They must have been simpler times.

Seriously though, Snake, how do you think Tristan will end up? Do you reckon he could reach the heights that Goldstein attained? I’m talking from an impact point of view - obviously, they are totally different types of players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Seriously though, Snake, how do you think Tristan will end up?

An around the ground workhorse and good stoppage/throw in ruck.

Think along the lines of Toby Nankervis, who had played about the same amount of games at Tristan's age.

Do you reckon he could reach the heights that Goldstein attained? I’m talking from an impact point of view - obviously, they are totally different types of players.

I reckon he will turn out a better than capable AFL big man.

Tristan Xerri

The versatile tall has been a prominent figure in match-simulation, pulling down some big marks, but also showing his capability at ground level.

Four games under his belt in 2020 would have been an invaluable experience in Xerri's development.

“He’s had a really big pre-season … he’s really jumped out of the blocks,” Brown said.

“He’s been going really well, he’s really fit, he’s been running really hard in the drills and he’s clunking a few [marks].

“Hopefully he plays a fair bit of senior footy this year.”

Back