Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri -

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With Tom Campbell receiving a call-up to the AFL side this week, Tristan Xerri took on the role of primary ruck against Port and thrived in the absence of his partner in crime.

Kicking three goals for the game, including two in the final quarter, Xerri provided a strong contested marking target forward while dominating the ruck contests.

“'X' (Xerri) had a really good game, he rucked for about 90 per cent of the day … [and] clearly won the ruck duel in the air,” Adams said.

“We’ve been trying to add a little bit of consistency to his game and his ability to fire out of the contests and go forward was great.

“He took some big grabs when we needed him to, but even more impressive were his finishes. I know they weren’t exactly hard shots but with that wind and fatigue, to go back and slot them was impressive.”
I tell ya’s, that Leigh adams, good judge

Perfect result for us, Campbell in immediately helped our structure and now Xerri has had a solid hit out. Looking forward to seeing him in the ones ASAP.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I tell ya’s, that Leigh adams, good judge

51rab70VMHL._QL70_ML2_.jpg

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
they missed the tackle he laid on his opposing ruck at one stage; I swear the ground shook
You got to love this guy the way he plays . Not blessed with amazing natural talent but has a heart bigger than Arden St .
He plays with such hardness at every contest . He almost plays like a footballer from back in 70’s , hard as nails , doesn’t take a backward step , unfashionable old style footballer! Such a Shinboner !
People walk taller in his team when he’s around ! Love him !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems to fit the big bad bruiser stereotype. Hopefully he is also robust injury wise as big man takes longer to heal and even longer to get back into rhythm.

If he is anything like mumford, we got a premiership ruckman in the making.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Granted I didn’t see anything but highlights and Merlin’s match report, but this is a real head scratcher.

More so because I did see Campbell last week, and if im honest, too many times previously.

Noble seemed almost surprised by the positive impact of a second ruckman last week, but surely Xerri is at least as capable as Campbell. If X could play four qrts last week, and impact the game in the last, surely he’s got enough fitness to play.

Back