Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri

Remove this Banner Ad

I do like his “on the edge” game play and that can be okay if done smart. There is no questioning his mongrel or his passion for the club. Ability is yet to be seen
Can take the odd clunker, which he needs to. But yeah, young and certainly needs more time. Id be happy for that to be in the scoobs

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keep him in all year. Think he is steadily improving but that 50 was a brain fart

What are people expecting? No improvement? .. bullshit. He has shown improvement in the VFL to earn his chance in the seniors. He wasn’t great today but ffs give him time to find his feet..
Disagree , he was actually better & showed a heap more last year in those few games he played. He was taking good grabs , hitting contests hard & kicking goals . Has not showed any of these attributes at all this season. I was one of many here calling for his selection in 1’s again this season .
But I’m starting to think TC is the better option for us right now .

I’m not sure he’s taken his chance.
A few things to work on before he demands a spot.
I agree, unfortunately.
What are people expecting? No improvement? .. bullshit. He has shown improvement in the VFL to earn his chance in the seniors. He wasn’t great today but ffs give him time to find his feet..
He has been poor, although his presence does help Larks. His negatives outweighed his positives again today though.
I hope he makes it, but some more time doing well in the twos isn't the end of the world for him.

Disagree , he was actually better & showed a heap more last year in those few games he played. He was taking good grabs , hitting contests hard & kicking goals . Has not showed any of these attributes at all this season. I was one of many here calling for his selection in 1’s again this season .
But I’m starting to think TC is the better option for us right now .
Playing Tom Campbell gets us no where. It’s like bringing back Tyson..

He’s in no way dangerous when forward so doesn’t help Larkey.

Look the dropped mark was s**t but the one he took when larkey was held was pretty bloody good, does demand attention

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

4 hitouts for the game. He would want to show improvement next year for his contract to be extended.
He's a developing ruckman attending about 5 to 10% of bounces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a Mumford type rather than a Goldy type.
Just keep playing him.
He's looked average, see that dropped mark, but he might clunk a couple and suddenly look a different player.
Bit like Taylor with his two goals today.
Very different from Taylor, but I get your point. If your game is based around aggression and impact, however, you need to get those things right more often than he does at the moment.

I think the feeling is Xerri may never get to Tom Campbell's level no matter how much time is invested in him.

Could be wrong but he hasn't been convincing so far.
Yeah disagree, respectfully on your first sentence.

He's taken centre bounces the last couple of weeks with the game in the balance, which indicates to me they are backing him for the future.

No guarantee he'll make it of course.

Just have to keep pumping games into him, there is a chance that he could be dropped this week, but who knows.

also going to go into next season with a lot of competition with the likes of comben (even though his more of a key forward) and Edwards.

keep persisting

Just have to keep pumping games into him, there is a chance that he could be dropped this week, but who knows.

also going to go into next season with a lot of competition with the likes of comben (even though his more of a key forward) and Edwards.

keep persisting
Yep nothing lost by giving him games for the rest of the year

I guess it depends on how the coaches see him. If they see him long term playing a different role he may be better playing that in the twos for his confidence.

Well he’s clearly shown that he has the tools at vfl level let’s give him time to build at AFL level

Well he’s clearly shown that he has the tools at vfl level let’s give him time to build at AFL level

The tools he's shown at VFL are different to what he is being asked at AFL. I'm just saying that we don't want to destroy his confidence if we have a different role for him in the future.
Or we could just play him in the role he did well in the VFL.

If it is about honing his ruck craft he is better having 4 qtrs kicking the dew than attending a handful of stoppages with the most durable ruckman of the modern era in the side.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The tools he's shown at VFL are different to what he is being asked at AFL. I'm just saying that we don't want to destroy his confidence if we have a different role for him in the future.
Or we could just play him in the role he did well in the VFL.

And that’s fine, but we need to let him develop the AFL tools at AFL level, because this will be his role if he comes in

I don't get the consignment of Tom Campbell to the bin. He's only 29, generally durable and has improved this season.

Xerris VFL numbers demanded selection but ruckmen can play well into their 30s and big Tom shouldn't be written off over some obsession with youth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back