Rookie 39. Alex Cincotta

Remove this Banner Ad

I plead complete ignorance and sorry if raised in this thread, but can a list management wonk tell me about the footy history of Alex pls?

Why not drafted?
Where, outside of VFL Carlton, has he played to date?
Was ever close to being placed on another AFL list?

26 is pretty old to join an AFL list, so many questions..

I plead complete ignorance and sorry if raised in this thread, but can a list management wonk tell me about the footy history of Alex pls?

Why not drafted?
Where, outside of VFL Carlton, has he played to date?
Was ever close to being placed on another AFL list?

26 is pretty old to join an AFL list, so many questions..

1676589579793.png

read this thread or check the club site.........
I have read the thread but didn't find anything that comprehensive. Only a few points here or there, and the club site wouldn't exactly be a good way to find a balanced review.

I've seen he's fairly uncompromising hard edged medium sort of sized defender, but still not sure really on his athleticism, skill or deficiencies.

I have read the thread but didn't find anything that comprehensive. Only a few points here or there, and the club site wouldn't exactly be a good way to find a balanced review.

I've seen he's fairly uncompromising hard edged medium sort of sized defender, but still not sure really on his athleticism, skill or deficiencies.
Appears to be dual sided, which is a bonus. Deft left to go with the penetrating right boot.

Terrific pick up. I think his determination and perseverance to make the level will stand him in good stead. Ready to go straight away as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if he becomes best 22 in what is hopefully a very good side by the end of the year.

Also great that we are rewarding players in the 2s. It should help us attract the better players from the lower leagues knowing if they come to Carlton they are a chance to onto the league list if they perform well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He certainly plays the game the right way, his disposal looks good, he's quick enough and strong enough. I think if his solid numbers can translate to AFL then perhaps he plays early which is great. As it stands we have this Williams/Boyd size hole in defence that we really need filled, particularly if we intend Docherty to play in the midfield. Keen eyes on the practice match. Might take him a while to adapt to AFL and new team mates but we will see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back