Past #39: Billy Hartung - will not be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Billy

Remove this Banner Ad

this and the Harper goal in i think 2012, both pathetic coverage. If that was NN they would all be going to the bathroom together straight after.
Yes that’s right I think they called it “workman like” or something to that effect. When it was a brilliant chain of handballs and running in waves from deep in defence. I’d forgotten about that one.

Still after all these years this is the most low key piece of commentary ever! For such an exciting play by Daw. It still baffles me.
Yeah nah. The commentators were in shock and near speechless as they were witnessing a once in a liftemine event never to be repeated.
Majak Daw’s career is full of these ‘moments’. Aberrations.

Serviceable game. Kicked a goal, cost a goal.

The positive was how he wouldn't blaze away under pressure, but would attempt to look for better options.

He'll get better in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the TV it might have looked like he was stuffing around a bit in the back half. But at the ground, you could see the Hawks had numbers ready for a bombed kick out of the back line. Was probably instructed to find the ‘hit-up’ pass or to run to settle rather than bomb. Hence the indecision.
Not too mention the ump would have probably paid a third DOOB in a row if he directed it to the boundary

Came back to earth a bit today.

I suspect the more cynical of the Hawks supporters would be claiming he hit more Hawthorn targets today than he did all last year.

His first month has given him plenty of credits, though.
Sitting at the North end, I think most of the things that looked like bad decisions were largely lack of options. But yeah he was a bit off.

Hardwick is a ******* cat

Had a chance to put Bill into next week and stop a goal and just ... Didn't

Not the only hawk who couldnt put his head over it.

Morrison had the opportunity to put his body on the line when the game was there to be won and atley went harder making him crab it

I’ll sleep better tonight knowing Paul Roos has given Billy the thumbs up!!
Yes I agree NV, when the messiah speaks we all sleep easy.

Thank you for your wisdom Paul, thank you.

Thought he was actually really good in the 3rd and final quarter. When all our kids were absolutely gassed he was busting his ******* balls to try and be an option.

There was a few indecision moments in the back half but it was because of our structure going to s**t, especially in that third quarter.

He has been integral in our wins so far.

Today he was the player Hawk supporters know and love. Very suspicious when Hawks give you the flick, deficiencies in his game on display today.

I thought he was soft today.

There were a few times he didn't want it enough.

He panicked at times.

He's had an ok-good season though, so hopefully he comes with it next week.
Was just starting to love Billy and then the soft efforts turn up. Doesn't want to hold onto the ball if it'll mean getting hit, so he will release it in that situation whether it's advantageous to the team or not.

Still after all these years this is the most low key piece of commentary ever! For such an exciting play by Daw. It still baffles me.

...the Tanking Game...why is that baffling? The stink that 7 made that night!

Pity they dont stink it up over last nights fixture ...and the Blues have 4 more Friday nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back