Past #39: Billy Hartung - will not be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Billy

Remove this Banner Ad

Was crucial today in opening space. Meant fre0 couldn't really set up their zone. Did multiple 200, 300 meter sprints. And made some strong tackles. Looked good to me watching live.
Freak athlete
His combination of endurance and speed is incredible, most players usually have one or the other but this bloke has both

Was crucial today in opening space. Meant fre0 couldn't really set up their zone. Did multiple 200, 300 meter sprints. And made some strong tackles. Looked good to me watching live.

"Busy" is the word that comes to mind. Good role based contribution like all of his teammates.

Billy 'Metres Gained' Hartung

He's picking up his 320 a game.

Doesn't get the meterage by kicking, but I assume he is right up there for running MG's.

We need his run and carry and I am happy with his defensive pressure, but when he has ball in hand and is under physical pressure he goes to water. He either loses possession pretty easily or gives off hospital handballs. He is so close to being a very good footballer.

The bloke that supposedly can't tackle brings down a full back.

596426_gl.jpg

He's definitely building...we are getting more out of him on a wider scale than the Sqawks

No complaints from me on disposal either.
It could be a simple a being valued more. We look to get the ball in his hands and use him. It comes down to confidence and belief.

And was a serial hater of this bloke.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably his worst showing in North colours.

One thing I’m noticing is that we are not using him as often as what we should, that amount of time he is open and not used is crazy. He should be averaging higher possession per game ifourhalfbacks honoured his work rate more often

Probably his worst showing in North colours.

One thing I’m noticing is that we are not using him as often as what we should, that amount of time he is open and not used is crazy. He should be averaging higher possession per game ifourhalfbacks honoured his work rate more often
I was thinking the same.....many players had their colours lowered.

I’m probs being too hard on him but I feel there’s been a few aerial contests that he “chooses” to not get desperately involved in. Or that 50/50ball that he props and prepares to tackle as opposed to contesting it.
I realise what other attributes he brings, of course, but those moments are hard to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back