Past #39: Cameron Pedersen - traded to Melbourne with #63 for J. Gysberts in 2012 - retired end '18

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet even after that debacle Delaney still got more games during the year ahead of Pedo.

In fact, Pedo played in that Port game (his last senior appearance), if he was any good as a KPD why didn't he take Schultz instead of Delaney? Kinda sends a message when the coach is not willing to try you but would rather persist with the bloke who had 7 kicked on him.
Delaney is obviously seen as our fallback option whenever there is a gorilla forward in the opposition team. I think that probably says a lot about our lack of KPD depth as much as anything.

As far as Pedo goes, who could say if he would make a half decent KPD or not given the lack of exposure he has had at AFL level. It seems from all reports that his attitude has been as much a detriment to his career at North as anything.

lol I was just making the point that Pedo is a good 'leigh brown' option who can pinch hit in the ruck but can play roles down back and up forward.

We don't even use a second ruck/utility option, we drag Petrie out of FF, who is better off as a permanent full forward. So we are valuing Pedo now for a role he wont play or a role he can't pull off, it is beyond madness.

Just pick up the most competent VFL/SANFL/WAFL ruckman we can find who we can afford, let Pedo go to play his swing role for a club that will use him and maybe get something of value out of the pick we get in exchange.

If we are worried about insurance all of a sudden we should have kept the contracted McIntosh who could take over the #1 ruck spot. We need a replacement #1 ruckman, with the emphasis on being cheap. We should try and coax Simpson from Geelong but I have do doubt the Cats will ask for more than they paid for McIntosh. :p

Spot on, Tas. Pedo can do some ruckwork here and there, but he is not a ruckman. He can do some key position work but he is not a key position player. He is a swing man.

It amazes me that Leigh Brown wasn't able to or allowed to play the Leigh Brown role for us. Then along comes Pedo and he's not allowed to play the Leigh Brown role for us either.

Talk of him playing back up ruckman to Goldy is just more spin if we end up keeping him. We're spinning so hard down there we'll be making our own cotton towels soon.

Spot on, Tas. Pedo can do some ruckwork here and there, but he is not a ruckman. He can do some key position work but he is not a key position player. He is a swing man.

It amazes me that Leigh Brown wasn't able to or allowed to play the Leigh Brown role for us. Then along comes Pedo and he's not allowed to play the Leigh Brown role for us either.

Talk of him playing back up ruckman to Goldy is just more spin if we end up keeping him. We're spinning so hard down there we'll be making our own cotton towels soon.
Maybe Malthouse just used him better than Laidley ever did?

Maybe Malthouse just used him better than Laidley ever did?

Whatever the reason, we dumped a player who was able to be extremely useful elsewhere. It wasn't a win/win.

If we trade Pedo let's hope we get the right value for him. The bloke can play (even if he couldn't get a spot in our AFL team).

McIntosh, Pederson and Campbell will be useful also.

Scott is just as blinkered and inflexible as Laidley.

In time, people will wake up.

If it comes down to a choice of Pederson or pick 49, then there is no choice at all.
Agreed. There has to be a sweetener from another club or something but pick 49 alone is absolutely not good enough, especially given Pedo is contracted. I can understand why he wants to go to the Dees, but from our point of view, the club has to first and foremost worry about what's best for NMFC. And having a versatile tall player on the list, even if he only plays 5 games may be crucial to us. Pick 49 is a speculative pick that could have been ok, if he was about to walk out the door into the draft.

Agreed. There has to be a sweetener from another club or something but pick 49 alone is absolutely not good enough, especially given Pedo is contracted. I can understand why he wants to go to the Dees, but from our point of view, the club has to first and foremost worry about what's best for NMFC. And having a versatile tall player on the list, even if he only plays 5 games may be crucial to us. Pick 49 is a speculative pick that could have been ok, if he was about to walk out the door into the draft.

No doubt and I'm sure 49 won't get it done. There are already murmerings that Pedo may still be in North colours next season, following on from McDonald's comments last week.

The bleedingly obvious deal, to me anyway, if Martin goes to Brisbane for 33, Pedo comes to North for 33 and Jacobs comes to North with that pick going to Port.

No doubt and I'm sure 49 won't get it done. There are already murmerings that Pedo may still be in North colours next season, following on from McDonald's comments last week.

The bleedingly obvious deal, to me anyway, if Martin goes to Brisbane for 33, Pedo comes to North for 33 and Jacobs comes to North with that pick going to Port.
This deal has been talked about for days, but the only question in there, is Brisbane really prepared to offload pick 33 for Martin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This deal has been talked about for days, but the only question in there, is Brisbane really prepared to offload pick 33 for Martin?

I reckon 33 is good for Martin. I don't rate him myself, but he's young, would play round 1.

FWIW, their interest in him speaks volumes - how ****ed is the AMAZING Luenberger?

I can't believe Leigh Brown has a 'role' named after him.

It's "roll", and it's a sausage roll. You can buy them by the half dozen, but they're only available in round 1, after which they go off very quickly.

It's "roll", and it's a sausage roll. You can buy them by the half dozen, but they're only available in round 1, after which they go off very quickly.

When he played for us he was usually a cold sausage roll or a stale sausage roll - except for that round one Adelaide game.

When he played for us he was usually a cold sausage roll or a stale sausage roll - except for that round one Adelaide game.

And a great second half against the Bulldogs when we came from 30 odd down and Leroy went into the ruck ( yep the original Leigh Brown role!) kicked 2 goals and completely dominated. Strangely, hardly played there again for us.

And a great second half against the Bulldogs when we came from 30 odd down and Leroy went into the ruck ( yep the original Leigh Brown role!) kicked 2 goals and completely dominated. Strangely, hardly played there again for us.
Yep. Leigh Brown played the Mark Roberts, I mean, Leigh Brown role well and that was a glimpse of his capabilities. But Deans "The Brainiac" "Chip Le Grand" Laidleys had other ideas. Curse you Deans Laidleys. :stern look

Yep. Leigh Brown played the Mark Roberts, I mean, Leigh Brown role well and that was a glimpse of his capabilities. But Deans "The Brainiac" "Chip Le Grand" Laidleys had other ideas. Curse you Deans Laidleys. :stern look

I sometimes wonder why or when the s jumped the shark.

I mean this year there was never an Anthonys or a Warrens, even the year before through all the yips i don't recall a Thomass

Pedo is not quite at the Fridge level of 93-94 (47 goals, 23 in 9 games before doing his knee) but has already proven he's about as good as Roberts post-knee injury 95-97.

I'm not that keen on losing him as he offers excellent versatility, and would be a bigger loss than Hamish IMO. He would be a great fit for Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back