Past Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-09/welcome-daisy

“I’m really excited to be coming to Carlton,” Thomas said. “It’s a terrific Club with a team on the improve. “It has been a tough couple of years for me and it felt like the right time to move on. “I’m grateful Carlton has given me the opportunity. I’m excited about joining players like Marc Murphy and Chris Judd, and of course the chance to work with Mick again. “It will be a new challenge and one I’m looking forward to.” - See more at: http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-09/welcome-daisy#sthash.IoLcfZRw.dpuf

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-09/welcome-daisy

DaisyBlueArticle_620X370.jpg

Daisy happy with ankle

"It's going really good. [I'm] in the first few weeks now of full training and I did a little bit of match practice the other day and got through no worries," Thomas told carltonfc.com.au.
"The body as a whole, it's probably the best it's felt for almost a year-and-a-half or two years now. I've taken a bit of confidence out of that, walking off the track with a smile every day.
"I'll just keep doing my rehab when I'm off the track and do everything right. I'm very confident the ankle will hold up."
Daisy happy with ankle

Hendo to remain Blues swingman

Dale Thomas and the pre-season's most talked about ankle are tracking better, with the former Collingwood player in full training and looking to put his injury concerns behind him.

Thomas played just five games last year because of the troublesome ankle that caused the Magpies to baulk at giving him a long-term deal.
"He's back doing full training now and that's great," McKay said.
"He obviously had a slower build up than the rest of them.
"He was running before Christmas but now he's in full training and he's doing all the things you need to do in full training, the long kicks and changing direction and all that type of thing and it's holding up well.

"We're confident we'll get a full season out of Daisy."

Hendo to remain Blues swingman

Thomas gives ankle all-clear
“I certainly hope that in the next few years I can be part of a Carlton premiership. When you look at the way they finished last year, in a way they were lucky to be in the finals but to beat Richmond who were going pretty well and make the second week, they got a taste of it.

“Our side is certainly on the up and we have a lot of blokes at the right age. You don’t want to talk about premiership windows, but all the factors seem to be in the maturing of the group. I think Carlton certainly will be in a position this year and the next couple of years to put up their hand and have a real tilt for one."
Thomas gives ankle all-clear

Step forward for Daisy
"[The improvement after half time] was just being able to get up around the ball and play around the wing and midfield," Thomas told AFL.com.au.

"Each week as I get some more footy under my belt, I'll be able to spend more time through the midfield and around the ball, and that's where I want to play.

"I've put some pretty high expectations on myself, and it is frustrating to physically not be able to do what you want to do and know you can do.

"But each week I'm progressing, like the team, and trying to work harder to become better … it's another step in the right direction."
Step forward for Daisy

Daisy ready for 2015

The Blues utility, who finished 2014 having played 20 games in the Navy Blue, says he's so far revelling in a consistent pre-season.

"I haven't missed a session thus far," Thomas said.

"Touch-wood that I can continue to do that. I'm just really enjoying being back out there with the boys and setting some lofty goals, and we're working really hard to try and achieve them.

Daisy ready for 2015

A fit and firing Daisy will be a huge addition to our side in 2015.

Couldn't put his best foot forward in his first year at the club but he's a very hard worker and will be doing everything he can to turn that around this year.

People are very quick to forget just how good Daisy is at full fitness. I hope those people are just as quick to remember.

Daisy ready for 2015

Daisy ready for 2015

A fit and firing Daisy will be a huge addition to our side in 2015.

Couldn't put his best foot forward in his first year at the club but he's a very hard worker and will be doing everything he can to turn that around this year.

People are very quick to forget just how good Daisy is at full fitness. I hope those people are just as quick to remember.
uh oh, jungo.
got the fingers crossed for my buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems Thomas is a confidence player. Decent game in round 2. Has he turned the corner?

Are we judging him on skills, effort or cost? All 3 are understandable so there are no wrong answers here.

Last edited:
Is ODN asking questions to freshen the threads up? Has he been watching too much Ed on WWTBAM? Does he need a sedative to quell his inquisitive?

Funnelling topical stuff into its preferred destination. And yes .... sedative would be lovely.

Is ODN asking questions to freshen the threads up? Has he been watching too much Ed on WWTBAM? Does he need a sedative to quell his inquisitive?

All will be revealed after these short messages...

These typos are becoming quite regular now, you might have to see someone about that soon.

63k posts, many of them lengthy, a heap of them on the fly when doing other things, a lot of them on my phone. I reckon I will be alright.

Now if I had a severe dose of smartarsery, I'd know exactly how to fix it.

All will be revealed after these short messages...

That's 1. Do we wait for HBF to post or are you going to go again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back