Past Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

We got Judd when he was injured so what is the difference, they were both on a lot of money.

I am starting to warm to Thomas, I just would like him to stop playing the smart a### and give away stupid free kicks. Today he didn't do that, and played a complete game for four quarters. What I also like about him, he is that he is a team person and seems to thrive on that and gets around the boys.

wp_ss_20160502_0001.png

Love it how Daisy gets involved celebrating when other players kick goals, especially the kids/newbies. Really enjoyed this celebration with LS, I honestly think its a sign of leadership when an older and celebrated player like Daisy can encourage and congratulate a young player still finding his feet at the club and AFL level like Summer, for a marvellous goal, Sunny's spirits and confidence would have risen from that hug with Daisy I dare say.

Compare that to say Goddard, who has a habit of berating and abusing his teammates if they make an error.

I can see the qualities in Daisy that made Bolts persist with him after a disappointing pre season and round 1 game. His vibrant and positive energy was infectious and team lifting :)

Collingwood ended up giving Dale Thomas up for half of the James Aish deal. Must be kicking themselves!

View attachment 242175

Love it how Daisy gets involved celebrating when other players kick goals, especially the kids/newbies. Really enjoyed this celebration with LS, I honestly think its a sign of leadership when an older and celebrated player like Daisy can encourage and congratulate a young player still finding his feet at the club and AFL level like Summer, for a marvellous goal, Sunny's spirits and confidence would have risen from that hug with Daisy I dare say.

Compare that to say Goddard, who has a habit of berating and abusing his teammates if they make an error.

I can see the qualities in Daisy that made Bolts persist with him after a disappointing pre season and round 1 game. His vibrant and positive energy was infectious and team lifting :)
Love this pic!

He's barely fired a shot when he's played against Collingwood. This week would be his best chance to date to achieving this.
His undoing will be if he tries too hard. Just needs to let the game come to him, but yesterday's efforts will certainly give him a confidence boost going in.
Would be great if he was a big contributor to a win.

Always knew he had it in him and wouldn't it be glorious if he towels up the pies next week.

For those people who don't like him due to what we pay him don't take it out on him personally if the club and the people involved in the deal offered him it why wouldn't he take it. He's just a player it shouldn't influence your view on him.

As mentioned early he looks like he just loves playing footy and looks to be a much needed extrovert we needed as a leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the bloke and hope he plays to 80% of what he did yesterday every week - yeah cost too much - not his fault ...performance on ground and respect of fellow players would be a great result for him and Carlton. He is the lanky type who has a lot of games in him if he has the desire - clearly has the respect of Bolton.

Still makes me laugh when David King said Thomas was done because he missed kicked a torp after the siren.

It's hard to not show a little love for those that care not only about themselves but for others around them.
Thomas was that person at Collingwood and he's now that person with us.

When you're down yourself, it's difficult for your voice to have meaning but with some health and form behind him, his sentiments will carry more weight.
The training track may mean little, but to have watched Thomas constantly encouraging others that may have been vying for his spot in the team says a lot for the character of the individual in a team environment. Good for you Dale. :thumbsu:

Most of his newer teammates would see him as a Carlton only player, not a Collingwood import. The enthusiasm and experience he brings to the team is infectious.

Good on him, I hope the footy gods allow his form to continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back