Past Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-13/daisy-fit-and-firing

Carlton midfielder Dale Thomas is starting to reap the rewards of the long hours and hard work he put in during the Club’s gruelling pre-season.

‘Daisy’ has played a vital role in all of Carlton’s three wins this year, kicking goals, laying tackles and putting pressure on opponents – it’s clear he’s “fighting fit” and enjoying his football.

The disappearance of the weekly "Out: Thomas" posts in the pre match threads has been great.

He's playing some good football and will hopefully go on next year.

I said a year back that despite his form, Dale Thomas is the perfect player to have around the club during a reset.
  • Hard working player.
  • Leads by example. Does all the little things coaches want from their players, like manning the mark meticulously.
  • Premiership player with the mindset of a champion.
  • Never drops his head, even when playing VFL always brings the same attitude.
  • Seemingly immune to outside criticism. Still maintains self belief under intense scrutiny.
  • Loves a win.
  • Once regarded as the leagues best and is respected by his peers.
I think the club has got a greater ROI than we realise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well deserved. Feel good for him that his body finally gave him a chance to move freely.

Nothing against Daisy, and he’ll work damn hard to thwart this - but I hope he’s going to be a brilliant on-field mentor to our kids in the VFL next year. If SOS weaves enough magic this trade season, that is.

don't ever kid yourself this bloke doesn't bleed blue now - think what you like about his original deal - he has given everything he had :thumbsu:
Agreed. Well respected and loved around the club. You just have to listen to the young kids to hear what a great influence he is.

Is always the first to fly the flag (albeit not so well) when a team-mate was wronged. Talks passionately about the club and its people. Played some very good footy this year and should finish top 5 in our B & F.

Will be an asset in 2019, and will take it as a challenge to keep his spot in a (hopefully) much stronger team next year. Worst case is he gets pushed out and mentors our VFL team as per Beast Modes post above.

The only person on our list that has been there and done that.
That counts for a helluva lot!!!!!!!
The kids love him and his form,speed,kicking and baulks improved as the year grew on.
A cupla shanked too tricky kicks do not cloud his otherwise best year in the Navy Blue.
He is definitely starting 22 next year!
I’m glad we made the correct decision!

Well done, had a good year and deserves the opportunity to go around again in 2019.

Moved into a new role down back and performed, with a few set to come back into the side it’ll be interesting to see if he stays there or fills another gap elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back