Player Watch #39: Flynn Perez - on track for a full return to the 2022 pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
If he can get a good run at it then hes the answer to our speed out of half back problem. If him and Comben can come on its going to set us up well.

How quick is he?

looks a nice mover and good kick , but I'm not sure he is that Hall/Hind/Johannisen line breaker.

Happy to be told otherwise.

Psicosis

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any on ITK have any word on his knees?

Really interested to know the clubs thoughts on the first reco (pre getting picked up in the draft). Fingers crossed they got it right this time.

Ligma

Krakouers favourite poster
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Really interested to know the clubs thoughts on the first reco (pre getting picked up in the draft). Fingers crossed they got it right this time.
I would assume they’d be more cautious now, probably starting preseason non contact. His another one that will benefit from the new s&c staff.

I have high hopes for this kid, tough as nails put on a lot of size, hope he has a good run at it this year.

Themanbun

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No ITK knowledge but presumably he has access to a better surgeon and potential another type of graft as well for the second one.

Psicosis

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would assume they’d be more cautious now, probably starting preseason non contact. His another one that will benefit from the new s&c staff.

I have high hopes for this kid, tough as nails put on a lot of size, hope he has a good run at it this year.

Suppose I was hopeful that the initial surgery before he joined the club was either performed or rehabbed incorrectly, which led to the consecutive knee.

It's going to be a very tense preseason with FP, fingers crossed he gets through it.

Themanbun

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Suppose I was hopeful that the initial surgery before he joined the club was either performed or rehabbed incorrectly, which led to the consecutive knee.

It's going to be a very tense preseason with FP, fingers crossed he gets through it.

They usually hook young athletic hopefuls up with good surgeons and physios but it's probably not as good as clubland.

The guy who did mine does a lot of AFL recos and the physio worked with Richmond. I didn't get graft options though.

But not being a pro I wasn't able to do everything they could in terms of rehab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ligma

Krakouers favourite poster
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The chance of redoing an acl is around about 5%. I think he was just unlucky.

it will be tense but the club can see his talent, they’ll put a lot of time into him to get him back.

Grogg

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 24, 2012
Womb with a view
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They usually hook young athletic hopefuls up with good surgeons and physios but it's probably not as good as clubland.

The guy who did mine does a lot of AFL recos and the physio worked with Richmond. I didn't get graft options though.

But not being a pro I wasn't able to do everything they could in terms of rehab.
Pretty sure we were with Julian Feller for our knees, so he would have done the latest surgery on Flynn.

He's pretty much one of the best there is.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I know his name brings angst amongst some on here (including me) but does anyone think he looks like a young Brad Scott - and may even play like him?

Putting aside the dynasty coach of the same name, I sure hope Flynn's onfield role ends up higher up the evolutionary chain than "nuisance" knowing he's surrounded by bigger, more talented mates.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I want Flynn to make it badly.
But seeing blokes like Jacobs, Black, Walker, Harper, EVW, Ahern just never come on after long term injuries I hope he bucks the trend.

Throw Garner on that list.

Outside of Tazz & Jy we haven’t had many younger guys who have had long term serious injuries come out the other side with successful AFL careers.

Nutjob

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Throw Garner on that list.

Outside of Tazz & Jy we haven’t had many younger guys who have had long term serious injuries come out the other side with successful AFL careers.

Anderson had a lot of injuries with us early on and most of his time at Hawthorn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad